Chapter 32- expect the unexpected

Five years later

It's not that hard to be hated and feared at the same time, what is really hard is to be respected.

However, during the past years I've managed to gain the respect of most people and the fear of some, or maybe the opposite.

The thing is, that because of my connections and my great ability to threaten, I finally became the president, what I should've been since the beginning.

It wasn't easy, Joseph opposed to it completely, however I became close with all the mayor investors and yeah, Joseph didn't had much choice than to promote me. I was already prepared to be the president, three years being Jonathan's secretary helped a lot since I did all the work. My then coworkers were surprised about my sudden promotion, but were even more surprised to know my real identity, most of them accepted it because they pretty much knew I was good at my job and all the successful deals we had made were all mainly because of me. All because the clients had an interest in me or should I say my body.

There were a lot of rumors about me, that I slept with the clients, that I was heartless and soulless, that I was a whore and I constantly cheated on Axel. I didn't really cared about it, I knew the truth and Axel did as well so that didn't got in between us. He wasn't on the low either, he was constantly interviewed and his face was always on the covers of magazines because he was one of the youngest and successful businessmen in America, also one of the hottest men alive.

I couldn't disagree with that, however this brought many women to him that tried to seduced him, most of the time in front of me and I found it very funny to watch. It was ridiculous the amount of chicks that didn't had a clue he was happily married, yeah the keyword there being happily.

Indeed, being married doesn't mean your significant other will be loyal to you your entire life, or it doesn't mean that love won't ever disappear at any point or that you won't grow tired of each other. So the key is happily. We have had some disputes of course, like the time Joseph tried to convince Axel's father to resign his decision about making Axel the CEO. He wanted revenge since I threatened him on telling mother about all his affairs and insulted him, ending with a 'I'm not your daughter anymore' speech. But then Axel wanted me to apologize so that his position wouldn't be in danger. I didn't, I couldn't possibly do that, so I threatened Joseph again, although Chloe was an adult now I had proof given to me by Dev and witnesses that he had been with her being a minor then. I wasn't going to be that girl anymore, the girl that always begged for his forgiveness, so that time I won and after that, he wasn't able to mess with me again.

Axel was the best, although the only thing I expected from him is to be loyal, he always did more. I trusted him more than anything or anyone, and I completely obeyed his every order, well except from my brat moments. He taught me how to control my mouth, when not to say anything, but sometimes I had to say whatever I had on my mind, that's why many hated and feared me at the same time. My hobby to investigate people's life came back instantly after I discovered Chloe's betrayal, every person I met, I would send Dev to investigate them and he would bring me their juicy secrets that one day would be useful for me. I wasn't a bad person really, I just wasn't the nicest and I didn't cared what anyone said, unless they told it to my face directly.

Chloe... well she, I never saw her again after our fight. Even imagining seeing her again made my blood boil. It was weird for Carmen and Marie because we talked things out and conserved our friendship, but they were still friends of Chloe since I told them my conflict with her belonged to me not to them.

Also it served as a way to know if she was still seeing Joseph, and she was. Secretly meeting with him, and he was obsessed with her even five years after, they think I don't know but I do, and it's killing me not to know her reasons for her actions since she never confessed the why. It's a good thing it happened right after graduation and there was never a reason for us to meet, until now.