Chapter 21-the meeting

Jonathan and I have always been like this, ever since we were kids we hated each other's guts making pranks at each other at every family's reunion.

I don't know what is it, but his dumb face just angers me. It's not me I swear, I get along with my other cousins, it's only him that gets on my nerves every time I see him.

"What are you guys looking at? Get back to work." I snapped at the people who were still looking at my direction, seriously these people need a life, well, I mean I like the tea too.

As I walked to the office a woman from our department approached me, she's kind of nice to me so I don't have the need to be rude to her.
"Did he annoyed you again?" She said as we walked together. She gets that is him that gets the worst of me all the time.

"Yes, kind of. He almost ruined the meeting with Mr. Hamilton." Her name is Sasha, she was the one who showed me around and taught me a thing or two. She has been working here for almost fifteen years, she's forty but looks way young.
"Agh, what a punk. Anyways, remember the meeting with the Marketing team and also take this to Mr. Marshall he needs to sign it. See you around." She went on her way as I walked to Jonathan's office. Jonathan Marshall of course, he has the name of his father.

Of course we hated each other, but work was work. Things needed to be done, and there's no time for resentment in business.

It was time for the final meeting of the day and the most important one. I stood from my desk and went inside the office to tell that guy it was time.

We walked to the conference room in silence, at least my hatred towards him entertained me in my misery. So I guess him being the president is not that bad...

Inside the conference room there were almost thirty men and three or four women, counting me, the patriarchy... my father was sitting on the main chair on this enormous rectangular table while my mother stood behind him, Jonathan sat adjacent to my father on the other side othe table as I stood behind him.

As I looked up and saw who was sitting in front of us I froze... Axel was there! Of course he was there I mean, they are the designers of the new hotel duh! I don't know if I should be happy or nervous or what. I haven't seen him in person in so long, he looks stunning, suits fit him so perfectly. My hands begin to sweat, our eyes meet and he smiles and winks at me. Oh my God! I'm acting as if I have just met an idol or something.

I instantly look away and my face begins to redden. The meeting begins and his attention is shifted to the guys talking. I can't believe I didn't expected him to be here, it really took me by surprise. Nice, now all I can think of is him, calm doing Amelia!

"Amelia! Amelia." I hear my name being called on.
"What?" Everyone was looking at me, apparently Jonathan had been calling my name for a while now.
"The presentation." The what? Oh! Damn it! I had to present the project to everyone.
"Oh, right." I went to the front of the room and stood in front of the big smart board. I looked at the audience and there was Axel with that God damn sexy smile of his, I concealed my smile clearing my throat.
"Right so, good afternoon everyone. I'm here to present you the new project..." I did my presentation trying to convince them that having a hotel on South Korea was a very good deal.

"Of course, it's a big deal, except for the part that we've heard that because of this a lot of workers will be fired unjustly to have more money for said construction." One of the elders said after my speech, I didn't know about that. They all began to argue at once.

"Silence." It took a word for my father to get them to shut up. "Where have you heard such ridiculous rumors?" He demanded. It surely is a ridiculous rumor, we have plenty of money to construct without any side damage.
"They're not just rumors, they're facts." Another one said. "My son received a letter telling him he'll be fired when the construction begins." With that everyone began to argue again. Now that's just some real bullshit.