C H A P T E R F O U R

《 CHAPTER 4: Rooftop 》

Nene didn't know when it started, but she began feeling weaker than usual.

Although she ate healthily and took her daily vitamins, she couldn't help but feel very drained all the time. She woke up late despite her mother's loud calls and her alarm clock ringing multiple times. When it was P.E. Class, she was barely able to catch up with their activities because of how tired she was.

It was now her English period, and Nene's eyes were giving up on her. The girl closed her eyes for a second to rest them, supporting her chin with her two palms that stood supported by her elbows. When she opened back her eyes, she was met by amber orbs staring back at her.

"What's wrong, Yashiro?" Hanako flashed his cheeky smile.

She screamed and accidentally slapped Hanako in his right cheek. Everyone in the room stared at her, and the teacher glared at Nene.

"I'm sorry, t-there was a huge cockroach that flew out of the window..."  The daikon quickly made up an excuse that passed as a reasonable one. Some of her classmates giggled at her silliness. Hanako pouted at her, rubbing his cheek.

"Alright, just please don't interrupt my lectures again, is that clear Yashiro?" Nene immediately nodded, feeling the scary glare of her teacher pierce through her. The teacher turned his back on the board and wrote a few words relating to their topic.

Nene buried her head inside her book, glaring at the apparition who was beside her with his two familiars.

"What are you doing here?" She didn't fail to emphasize all the words she said. Hanako retained his cheeky smile, putting his hands behind his head.

"I just missed my assistant! It's pretty boring in the bathroom after losing so many times to the Mokke in Hanafuda." Nene rolled her eyes.

"So you came to bother me?" The ghost replied with a short 'yup'. The girl sighed.

"Anyways, I came here to tell you to meet me at the school rooftop instead of going to the bathroom." He told her, fiddling with her braids. She took hold of all the ends of her hair to make sure than Hanako wouldn't make it into a Christmas tree again. Hanako looked at her, surprised with her action.

"Why? Are you going to make me do something again?" She whispered to the ghost, who floated behind her. Suddenly, she felt arms wrap around her and Hanako nozzle his head inside her neck. In an instant, she became red as a beet.

"I just wanted to spend time with you, is that not okay?" He whispered in her ear before pulling away from the hug.

Nene fell silent, her heart pounding hard after what Hanako had just done. She felt shivers go down her spine. The boy smiled at her, floating back in front of her.

"Well, I'll be waiting for you, okay? If you don't go, then that's also fine with me."

"I-I'll go," She muttered softly, still a bit flustered with what he just did. The apparition grinned.

"Great! I'll be going ahead then," The ghost left, floating out of the classroom and to the rooftop. Nene sighed.

'Such an idiot. Why does he keep on leading me on?' Nene pouted before watching the teacher right a few things on the board.

After a few more attempts of trying to focus on the lesson, Nene gave up and decided to think.

'But what are we going to do up there? Is he going to tell me about another rumor I need to change?'