C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

Chapter 13: Anything for You

Yashiro really wasn't feeling all that well at all.

She had a pounding headache, a dry throat, an aching body, and a high fever. She had the flu, even if she was literally the healthiest person everyone knew. Yashiro didn't know where she got her flu from. It wasn't like she was running in rain, and none of her friends were sick.

Though it didn't exactly matter how she caught the flu, how was she going to attend school?

She had to attend today. They were going to have a very important quiz and a few performances, and she dreaded going to the faculty room and presenting there. As much as she wanted to bail, she'd rather do her performances and quizzes in the same room as her classmates at the same time.

So, she went despite being sick.

"N-Nene-chan! Are you okay? You don't look so well."

Aoi watched with concern as Nene dragged her heavy body inside the classroom. She wore a blue, surgical mask and a rose pink knitted scarf on her neck. Her hair was disheveled, her skin pale as white, her eyes and nose were rose pink, and her eyes droopy and tired.

She wasn't going to lie, Yashiro looked like a walking zombie school girl entering their classroom.

Yashiro sent a small, yet tired smile to the bluenette, "I'll be fine. I have the flu, but I can't miss any of the classes today."

"But you won't be able to focus, and not to mention you might infect people," Aoi told her, her brows furrowed, "You should go to the nurse's office, Nene-chan."

"But—"

"No buts! Come on, let's go." 

Grabbing Nene's hand, Aoi pulled her best friend to the infirmary room. Yashiro tried to protest and drag her best friend back to the classroom, but Aoi stood firm. She tried to whine, but Aoi shot a glare that made Yashiro shut up almost immediately.

Sliding the door to the infirmary open, Aoi dragged Yashiro inside with her. Surprisingly, the teacher in charge of the infirmary at that time was Tsuchigomori.

"Tsuchigomori-sensei!" Aoi exclaimed before pointing at Yashiro, "Nene-chan came to school with a bad flu. She isn't feeling well, so could she possibly stay here for the whole school day?"

Tsuchigomori raised his brows at the sick girl. She looked devastatingly ill, and it definitely wasn't normal. It was as though most of her life energy for that day had been sucked away, leaving her soul vulnerable to evil spirits.

'Looks like the curse already struck,' The thought ran through Tsuchigomori's mind.

Sighing, he directed Yashiro onto a bed. He found it foolish how she even came to school despite looking and feeling so ill. She wouldn't even be able to concentrate on her studies, and she'd be infecting other students. Then again, it was probably better for her to come to school than to stay at home and be left unguarded from all the evil spirits that would be attracted to her.

"Ne, Tsuchigomori-sensei," Aoi turned to the teacher, who was getting Yashiro's temperature and placing a cooling patch on her forehead, "Where's Number Seventh? Shouldn't he be aware that his assistant here is sick?"

'Oh, that's right,' Tsuchigomori remembered that the bluenette finally knew about supernaturals. 

After what happened with Shinigami and how he took Aoi to his boundary, Aoi was brought awareness to the fact that the supernaturals and the rumors were real. She was now regularly able to see them with the mark that Shinigami left on her soul which enhanced her psychic abilities. Of course, she was a bit overwhelmed and skeptical about everything, and it took time to get her used to knowing everything. But after a period of time, she got used to it.