C H A P T E R E L E V E N

《 CHAPTER 11: Dream 》

It was white.

Yashiro woke up in a bed of flowers. She was in a beautiful field covered by a blanket of different flowers. The still breeze caressed her soft, milky-white skin while also making the flowers dance beautifully to its whispers. The air was fresh, and the clear skies were blue. The scent of the flowers entered her nostrils, and she let out a deep sigh.

She felt herself relax at the scene. She loved being in such a sanctuary of a dream for a change.

Every night, she has always had a nightmare haunting her. It was something Yashiro got used to after a long while. The nightmares began just a few days after Amane had died, and up to this day, she still had them. It would always occur every two days, but recently, she started having them almost every day. On some nights, she'd have two or more nightmares keeping her up at night.

And it was always about Amane's death.

But for some reason, she hadn't had any tonight.

It was weird. Yashiro was expecting that some twist would happen that would turn the pleasant dream into a menacing nightmare. However, none came.

Yashiro laid in the bed of flowers motionless. She couldn't bring herself to move her limbs and move from her position. It was only once in a while that she had dreams like this. She couldn't afford to go back to having nightmares again.

She let out a deep sigh. If only she could stay in this safe haven forever.

'I'm sorry to my unknown lover,

Sorry that I can't believe, that anybody ever really

Starts to fall in love with me...'

A female voice. There was someone was with her.

Yashiro sat up, looking around for the source of the voice. There wasn't anyone around her at all and there was no tree or structure that could possibly hide the person who was singing. The flowers weren't that tall to be able to hide in either, so how was the voice so close by?

'And someone will love you,

Someone will love you,

But someone isn't me...'

Yashiro was starting to look around frantically. Was she hearing things now? Was she actually going insane now? Was the dream finally going to turn into a nightmare?

The wind became frantic as Yashiro continued to panic.

"Who are you? Where are you? Show yourself," Yashiro yelled out. Honestly, she was terrified to be alone with someone in that dream. 

The wind briskly passed by her, and a few leaves hit her skin. Then, the wind stopped.

"Relax," It was now a boy speaking to her from behind. A voice she knew all too well, "It's me."

Yashiro froze. She couldn't bring herself to turn around and face him, only to be disappointed to see that he was never there. She was only imagining things. She knew very well that when she turns around, the happiness that she felt in this dream would immediately shatter and turn into a nightmare.

"Go away, you aren't real," She screamed, "I know that the second I turn around, this dream will turn into a nightmare!"

"Nene," The soothing voice called out for her, "I promise you, it won't."