C H A P T E R S I X T E E N (2/2)

DISCLAIMER : very mature themes ahead. please be warned. if you aren't exactly in the best mental state of mind right now, please don't read this chapter. i'm not making fun of these situations because i am very much aware that things like this exist. abuse, death, suicide, and depression is not a joke and shouldn't be taken lightly.

《 CHAPTER 16: Truth of the Past 》

rewind...

"Amane, Tsukasa, have you settled in nicely in your room?"

Their mother called out from the hall, her footsteps nearing the room that both the twins shared. Amane finished up the last of his astronomy figures and organized them into his side of the room, while Tsukasa began to play around with his toy figurines. Their mother finally peaked into the room and sighed at the sight of Tsukasa not even done with one box.

"Tsukasa, you have to start removing your toys and belongings from the boxes already," She huffed, "I left both of you to it for almost an hour, yet you barely even started!"

The goofball flashed a sheepish smile to his mother, "I'm sorry, I'll do it right away."

Amane put away the last empty box to the side along with the other boxes before sitting on his bed. His mother looked at him with a smile, and Amane already knew what that meant.

'Go help your brother unpack.'

Amane, being the good brother he was, went over and began to help his brother unpack. Tsukasa grinned when Amane approached him to help unpack, a bit glad, and happy that his brother was there. Though, like any other immature boy, he tried to let Amane do all the work.

"C'mon Tsukasa, don't just let me do all the work," Amane frowned, complaining. Tsukasa grinned once again.

"Hehe, alright, I'll help out."

As Amane and Tsukasa worked together to unpack, they didn't realize their father returning back home.

"How did the deal go? Were you able to get the partnership?" Their mother asked.

"Yep! And the company's fully settled in town too." Their father cheered from the other room.

"That's great!" Mother cheered, "We should hold a celebration tonight."

The twins' ears perked up upon hearing the word celebration. It made them stop what they were doing and peek out from their room to the lounge room.

"Celebration?" Amane asked.

"More tasty food?" Tsukasa asked.

Both their parents chuckled.

"Yes, since your father's deal with the authors went really well," Then, their mother looked at the two sternly, "But first, did both of you finish?"

"Ah," The twins both looked at each other, before looking back at their parents, "We'll go finish up!"

The twins rushed back to their rooms and quickly rushed unpacking all of Tsukasa's stuff. With teamwork, they managed to finish up in around 30 minutes. After they unpacked, they moved to the living room to play with their father.

"Dinner's ready!"

Their mother called out from the kitchen. Tsukasa's mouth watered at the sight of food on the table, while Amane's mouth gaped open. The two dashed to their seats in an instant, getting a chuckle from their parents.