C H A P T E R 15 . 5

« CHAPTER 15.5: Kou's Soliloquy »

Kou was most definitely upset.

He hated how he was always left out of the picture between Yashiro and Hanako. There was definitely something that was happening, but he didn't know because none of them spoke up about anything. It was like they didn't even acknowledge the fact that he was there along with them. He already told Yashiro that she could depend on him whenever, wherever. Hanako, however, was a different story.

There was definitely something going on with him ever since Kou saw him slaughter that crowd of demons that were outside the infirmary.

It most definitely terrified him too just yesterday when they passed by each other in the hallway.

Hanako's eyes looked dull, lifeless, and without hope. It was like without Yashiro, Hanako was nowhere near the happy (sometimes to the point that it's completely inappropriate) apparition that he was. As much as Kou wanted to listen to what his brother told him about not trusting what he said, Hanako was his friend, and he cared for him just as much as he cared for Yashiro.

Because just like Mitsuba, he was human and he too, had regrets.

Kou heard from his grandmother, the story of Hanako's life before he turned into a ghost.

He was a miserable boy who had everything on his shoulders at a young age. He was often beaten by his drunken father who had turned to alcohol right after his publishing company's sales started to go downhill. His mother, who had been the one protecting them, poisoned herself, thus leaving the two brothers, Tsukasa and Amane, to fend for themselves against their father.

It was like nothing ever really mattered to Amane anymore. He couldn't find his purpose in life; he was lost. He continuously asked the gods and pleaded to the gods for help, but they gave him none.

Apparently, it was supposed to end well that day that he died.

However, he lost patience and trust to the gods.

Ever since he heard that story, he looked at Hanako differently. He now knew that apparitions and supernaturals weren't as different to humans than his clan had thought. They knew how to love, to hate, to care, and to act like any other human. They were humans who were either saved or punished by the gods.

Though, Kou was also rather pained when he overheard something from the Science Prep Room.

The door was slightly opened that night, and Kou had just finished his supplementary classes that he had to take to pass. He passed by the Science Prep Room on the way to his classroom to get his things when he suddenly heard Hanako and Spiderface talking to each other.

He overheard everything,

Hanako was going to cut his ties off with Yashiro and him.

If Kou hadn't known his backstory sooner, he would definitely hate Hanako for the rest of his life. However, he knew he was doing this to amend for the mistake he has done in the past. After all, it was his fault that Yashiro was nearing death sooner.

He just wished Hanako told him personally, too.

Just a little addition to chapter 15 since I felt a bit guilty for not updating sooner. Power's still out, so I'll be starting 16.

Please be ready, it's gonna be a long one.

Prolly 5000 words or something.

Yes, I am not holding back.

I might separate it into parts though since the full story of Amane's backstory is quite long.

Oh well, you guys can thank me later.

Moirae x