C H A P T E R F I V E

《 CHAPTER 5: Donuts 》

Yashiro noticed that Hanako was acting even more differently than how he was just a few days ago.

Whenever she'd talk to him or ask him about something, he'd reply with short answers and hums while he spaces out into his own cloud of thought. She knew that something was bothering him so much that he'd space out like that. It was just like with Amane when they were kids, though she'd usually get the answer almost immediately.

Hanako was different though, he was harder to approach.

Whatever the reason why he keeps spacing out, Yashiro wanted to cheer him up. 

"But what can I do to cheer him up?" Yashiro thought for a moment, her chin resting on her palms with her elbows as support. She continued to stare at the small bonsai plant that sat on the drawer in the side, thinking about  Aoi couldn't help but make a confused face.

"Cheer who up?" She gasped, "Nene-chan, are you hiding a secret boyfriend from me?"

Yashiro spaced out of her thought as soon as her best friend threw the question at her. Her eyes widened and almost immediately, she shook her hands. She had almost forgotten that Aoi was there eating lunch with her at the gardening clubroom.

"No!" Yashiro exclaimed, "It's my cousin! He's... well... been out of it for the past few days, and I wanted to cheer him up."

"Oh, I see," Aoi stopped teasing the girl and took a bite of her mackerel, "Have you tried asking what was wrong?"

Nene nodded. There were a few times that she asked him what was wrong, but he simply just brushed it off and told her not to worry about it. When she tried to push him to say it, he'd immediately deflect the topic and she would follow.

"I have but he's told me what was bothering him so much."

Aoi hummed, "Then how about giving something to cheer him up? Although you don't exactly know what happened, I'm sure a gift might be able to make him smile a bit."

Nene's mood brightened as soon as she heard the girl's suggestion. It was worth a shot, she could give him a gift that could possibly cheer him up. Just like how she cheered Kou up with the cupcakes she gave to him when he felt down about Mitsuba.

"That's such a great idea," Yashiro beamed with joy, grasping her friend's hands, her eyes wide with joy, "Thank you so much, Aoi-chan!"

Aoi was a bit overwhelmed with how happy her friend was, though she didn't stop herself from sending a small smile to her friend, "No problem at all, Nene-chan!"

"That's right," Nene remembered something, putting her pointing finger below her lip and above her cheek, "Akane-kun told me the same advice once."

The ravenette began to blush.

•  •  •

During Cooking Class, Yashiro made donuts along with the class.

She worked extra hard to make them taste good. They were for Hanako, to cheer him up. She planned on giving it to him after class when she heads to the bathroom for her rendezvous bathroom cleaning. 

She had them in a bag right now, and she began to make her way to the bathroom. Humming a tune, she excitedly walked to Number Seven's domain. She opened the door, a wide smile on her face.