C H A P T E R S I X

《 CHAPTER 6: Don't Take It For Granted 》

Yashiro woke up on the floor in an unfamiliar place.

It was a room with a bunch of windows. There wasn't a door where she could enter and leave. Light was coming inside the room from the transparent glass. Yashiro slowly sat up, observing the place she was in. It didn't seem like she was anywhere in the school. She tried to remember how she ended up there.

The last thing she could remember was a black shadow appearing behind her, the same one that fed Mitsuba the heart of the former third wonder. It took her away and she blacked out.

She heard footsteps start walking to her from behind and turned to look at who was approaching.

"Oh, you're awake," It was a curly-haired brunette who wore a Kamome Academy uniform. He seemed to be older than Yashiro by a year or two. Yashiro was confused, why would a student from her school kidnap her?

"Who are you, why did you take me here?" Yashiro questioned, crossing her arms over her chest protectively. She narrowed her eyes at the brunette, who had a surprised expression on his face.

"Relax, relax, we won't hurt you," He waved his hand in the air, "I'm Hyuuga Natsuhiko, a second-year from Kamome Academy. I wasn't the one who kidnapped you, for your information."

Yashiro continued to look at her senpai with a skeptical stare.

"Then, who took me here? What am I doing here?"

"Well, the runt was the one who took you here," Natsuhiko told her, offering his hand to her. Yashiro stood up on her own, ignoring Natsuhiko's gesture.

"You still haven't answered why I am here, and who is this 'runt' you speak of? Was he that shadow?" She questioned him once more, dusting off the back of her skirt. That's when she realized that her outfit was different. The Kamome Academy uniform she wore was replaced with a black, sailor girl uniform with white linings.

"W-What happened to my clothes?!" She screamed before turning to Natsuhiko with a glare.

"Calm down," A girl's voice behind her spoke, "Just please sit down and we'll explain everything."

Yashiro turned to the source of the girl's voice to see a beautiful greenette who also had her school uniform. The girl was sitting on a chair, enjoying tea with baked treats at the table in front of her. Nene couldn't help but think that the girl was beautiful.

Knowing that she wouldn't get any answers until she obeyed, Yashiro sat down opposite the girl. Natsuhiko poured some tea on the cup in front of her, but Yashiro wasn't going to trust them so easily.

"I'm Nanamine Sakura, a third-year. Just like you, I forged a bond with an apparition from the far shore."

Yashiro's ears perked up. She was surprised to know that there was someone else like her.

"If you're wondering why you're here, it's simple," Nanamine set her cup down on a plate before sending Yashiro a small smile, "I just wanted to have a chat with you."

Yashiro felt a bit skeptical about everything. First, the shadow that took her wasn't there in the room. She had no idea where she was, and she couldn't exactly trust the two upperclassmen who were there with her.

"Where are we? And where's that shadow that took me?"

"Oh, you mean him," Sakura looked away, "He's a bit busy right now, but he'll show up sooner or later. You're at a boundary governed by the person who took you here."