C H A P T E R T E N

《 CHAPTER 10: His Reflection 》

Today was a day Hanako really didn't look forward to. The Seven Wonders of Kamome Academy were having a meeting to discuss the occurrences that had been happening around the school. He knew very well that a lot of his actions will be questioned, and a lot of reports and complaints will come through.

He wasn't gonna lie, it was hard being the leader.

But he had to suck it up.

"Let's start the meeting now, shall we?"

Number Six cleared his throat, "Honorable Number Seven, there has been an increasing number of evil supernaturals around the school. It's taken control of many of the low-level spirits. No one knows where these supernaturals are coming from, but they don't seem to be harming the students yet."

"We suspect that someone has been letting them past the barrier of the near shore and far shore," Tsuchigomori informed everyone, "Well, Number Seven?"

Hanako furrowed his brows, he knew exactly who he had to blame for this.

Tsukasa

It was obvious he was doing this in order to kill off Yashiro. He was letting in spirits to come and eat off her life energy.

Amane won't allow that.

"Honorable Number Seven, adding to that report, there have also been reports of a few powerful yokai seen near the school," Shijima reported to the apparition, "They seemed to be attracted to the life energy in the school. Most of them are neutral as of late, but we fear that they will start stealing the life energies of the living as Obon nears."

Hanako's demeanor immediately switched from a relaxed to serious in an instant. He knew exactly where those ghouls came from and who those ghouls were going to target.

"Number Two and Five can investigate on that," He told the rest, "For now, monitor the movement of the yokai outside the school. If they ever come inside, do not engage with them unless they start harming the humans."

The room fell silent shortly after Hanako's statement. No one wanted to talk about the elephant in the room. The reason why there had been a massive amount of spirits around campus.

"Honorable Number Seven," Kako looked at the apparition with a serious look, "It's the Curse of Aeipathy."

Hanako stiffened in his seat. Shinigami crossed his arms, putting on a serious look on his face. It seemed the other wonders also had a similar look.

"Ever since you've been interacting with those humans, the counter seal placed on your curse has gotten weaker," He told the apparition with a rather angrier tone than usual. Hanako fell silent.

"Honorable Number Seven, it is our duty to protect and watch over the students and the living staff. A relationship with that human girl will result in the Curse of Aeipathy acting up once more. We aren't supposed to mingle that much with humans even if they are near the far shore,"

"With the Obon Festival nearing, the evil spirits summoned by your curse will get stronger and eventually get too strong for the Seven Wonders to manage. If that happens, then the agreement with the Minamoto Clan will be called off, and they'd exorcise every supernatural in this school." Kako spoke up, looking at the Seventh with a stern look.

"You've been disregarding the rules of the border between the near and far shores. The more times you break the rule, the more the curse will be unleashed," Kako continued, "And you know very well what will happen Honorable Number Seven."