C H A P T E R S I X T E E N (1/2)

《 CHAPTER 16: Truth Revealed 》

Yashiro was finally back at school again.

It felt great to be able to see Hanako and Kou again after she finally recovered from her flu. According to Hanako, it was apparently caused by a lot of evil spirits that have gotten ahold of her life energy, which freaked her a bit when she thought about it. Though for some reason, everyone seemed on edge when she came back to school.

Hanako suddenly became distant, and Yashiro literally couldn't find him anywhere she looked. He was most definitely avoiding him, and she was confused as to why that is. She tried summoning him with the ritual once again and even tried looking harder for him than last time, but she couldn't find him anywhere.

Kou, on the other hand, was always jumpy when she talked to him, and always excused himself immediately under her presence. It was like something happened during the time she was gone since even he was unsettled when she brought up Hanako.

Yashiro didn't like this one bit.

So, she was currently on her way to visit a certain teacher whom she knew she could always depend on for answers.

On her way to the Science Prep Room, she looked out the window of the hallway and noticed that the clear, blue skies that she saw just moments ago were now clouded with black clouds.

'That's weird,' She thought, 'I'm sure that the weather forecast definitely said that there was a 100% chance of no rainfall today.'

Though, she brushed it off and continued to make her way over to Tsuchigomori's place.

Knocking on the door, she felt nervous for some reason. It was like there was really something that was happening. It was definitely her gut screaming at her that something was most definitely wrong.

'Even the hallways were completely empty, even if it's clearly dismissal, there's bound to still be students around here for club activities,' I wonder why that is,'  She thought to herself.

"Tsuchigomori-sensei, may I come in?" She asked.

"Come in," She heard a raspy voice from behind the door. Yashiro slid the door open to see Tsuchigomori leaning on the windowsill, looking out of the window to view the cloudy skies. He wasn't smoking or anything, he was just standing there.

He seemed odd.

Closing the door behind her, Yashiro nervously looked at Tsuchigomori. He was definitely acting differently than how he was before, it really made her nervous.

"You came because you wanted answers as to why Number Seventh and the kid are all acting weird, am I right?" He asked, still facing the window with a blank stare. Yashiro gulped.

"Y—Yes..."

Finally, he looked at her with a blank stare. There was literally no emotion in his face whatsoever, and that was much scarier than the menacing look he gave her and Kou the first time they met at his boundary. Yashiro much preferred that face rather than the expression he had on his face right now.

"Or maybe, would you rather want to see Honorable Number Seven's past?"

"H—Huh?" 

Yashiro was confused. This wasn't like Tsuchigomori to suddenly suggest to her. Usually, he would act all mysterious with her in order not to say anything about one's life from the books he's read. So, why was he doing so now?