C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

« CHAPTER 17: Goodbyes »

Nene gasped, opening her eyes and rising up from the cold, hard-tiled floor of the third-floor girl's bathroom. Beads of sweat were on her forehead, and tears had been falling from her eyes. Her body shook involuntarily. She still couldn't get her mind to process what she had just witnessed. Finally, she saw the truth about Amane's death, his selflessness, and commitment to create a better future for Tsukasa. She finally knows what she's always wanted to know.

And she was the least bit happy about it.

She felt stupid.

How could Amane have lied to her all this time as Hanako? She felt embarrassed about all the things she did. From the first time she came into the third floor bathroom and did the Hanako-san ritual up until know, she's always talked about and wished about knowing more about the truth behind Amane's death. The only other person she's ever deeply talked about it besides Aoi and Tsuchigomori was Hanako.

Why did he hide it from her?

Was it the curse? Did he really think that she would give a single damn about her life being taken away if she sees him again?

She honestly wouldn't mind dying a painful death for Amane, after seeing everything he's been through.

There was a heavy pressure that was on her chest, weighing on her lungs. She felt the air get thinner and thinner as she hyperventilated.

"A—Amane..." She croaked out, tears spilling out of her eyes.

Taking a few deep breaths to calm herself, she finally stood on her feet and looked out from the window. A streak of lightning struck a place near the school, therefore flashing a beam of light onto the window. Clenching her fist, she exited the bathroom and ran out in the hallway only to almost bump into Akane in his Number One form.

"Yashiro-san–" Akane yelped, surprised at the sudden approach of the girl. Yashiro looked up at him with a desperate glare.

"Where's Hanako?" She yelled out. Amane looked at her wide-eyed.

"He's at the school rooftop of the new building," He replied, "But wait! You can't go there, it's dangerous–"

Yashiro ignored Akane's warning and dashed to the new building school rooftop as fast as she can.

She needed to see him. Now.

• • •

Clash... Swoosh... Clang...

Hanako jumped back, dodging Tsukasa's attacks. He's held on pretty well for the meantime, but with the large imbalance of power between them, he was definitely inferior to his brother's strength. The curse had completely devoured Tsukasa's soul, which is why he was so powerful now. He was just a puppet of this stupid curse that they both got themselves involved with.

Hanako had to get his game together, this was do-or-die.

"What's with that look you're giving me, Amane?" Tsukasa giggled, "Scary~"

Hanako shifted his body from a land to a quick charge. For a split second, he felt the number of impurities start to lessen. It must've either been the other wonders or the Minamoto Clan. Whoever it was, he felt a bit relieved that there was support.

Kicking himself to Tsukasa, he charged with a turn, only for his attack to be dodged as Tsukasa jumped. Tsukasa took this as an opportunity to slam him down onto the ground using his foot. Hanako let out a shriek as he hit the ground.