Waking up in the Hospital

Basil's P.O.V.

My eyes flutter open, I look next to me to see Sodapop crying. I try to talk but, I'm  to weak. What happened? Last thing I remember is looking at my reflection and wanting to die but, I would never act on it. Would I? I know I go in a daze sometime and my emotions take over but, I'm smarter than that even though, I'm a drop out. Am I? I look over at a still crying Soda and  barely croak out, "Sodapop?" There is no answer I guess he can't hear me. How did I ruin my life so fast? I mean the only time I got out of my room for the last six months was my job. I would go, weak and lip sync, Sylvia would be singing back stage knowing I needed this job but, couldn't hold it alone. Now I'm stuck in the hospital. I look over and try once more, "Sodapop?"

Nothing. Soon I just give up and go back to sleep.

***DREAM***

"SODA! SODA!" I scream running all over the hospital.

"Basil, what the fuck is all these beers doing in your bag?" I hear Soda yell but I have no idea where it's coming form.

I spin around trying to find my way out but, I'm trapped. I yell back to Soda, "I swear I'm not drinking again, it's from when I was."

"You'r lying Basil," he accuses me.

"No I swear I'm not. I promise Soda," I cry.

"Whatever Basil," he yells.

"You know what Soda I HATE YOU! I FUCKING HATE YOU!" I scream tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I HATE YOU TOO BASIL LEAF!" He screams.

"I guess we hate each other than," I sigh.

"I guess we do," he replies.

"Goodbye," is all I say even though I want to say more.

"Bye Basil," is all he says. Just then a hall appears. I slowly walk to the end of the it looking down to see a small white bottle of Advil. All around me something echoes, "take me, all of me." I try to stay strong but, soon something takes over me and I dump the whole bottle down my throat falling limp to the ground.

***END OF DREAM***

I wake up screaming to see the whole gang gone. I lay in my bed crying as a doctor comes in saying, "Basil Leaf Curtis, we have some news."

"What?" I ask hoping the gang's okay.

"It turns out that you have stomach cancer. Have you been having, indigestion, heart burn, pain or discomfort in your abdomen, nausea or vomiting after eating, bloating of stomach after meals, loss of appetite, Sensation of food getting stuck in the throat while eating, Weakness and fatigue, Vomiting blood or having blood in the stool or Unexplained weight loss?" He asked staring at my weak skinny body.

"Y-y-yea, b-b-but I-I-I j-j-just t-t-though i-it was b-because of my d-d-depression," I sob.

"I'm going to let you be alone, I know it's a lot to take in. I'm sorry, if it makes you feel better you get to go home today," he sighs walking out of the room. I cover my mouth with my hands sobbing feeling my stomach that is full of cancer. This can't be happening why me. I have a lot of symptoms but, I thought was because of depression not cancer. I ring the bell to signal the doctor I have so many question. When he comes in I first ask, "what stage am I in?"

"It isn't that bad it can be treated. You're only on stage, IA. That means it's spread to the inner layers of your stomach but, no organs," he says trying to comfort me.

"Where are the treatment centers?" I ask still crying.

"None, in Tulsa but, in California, Texas, Virginia, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Kentucky, Utah, Idaho, and Missouri," he lists off.

"I'm moving back to Jersey. Do you know where in Jersey?" I sigh.

"Long Beach Island," he frowns.

"That's where I'm from. I'm leaving now goodbye. Thanks," I reply.