The year in the Hospital

***3 MONTHS LATER***

The doctors say the cancer is starting to go away but, it'll be a while I just tell the gang that my job got extended. It's so weird Dal has gotten distant on the phone worse everyday. I think he doesn't think I'm coming home. I have a feeding tube now, it feeds me gross mush. I wouldn't have come here if I didn't have so much more to do and if I wasn't in love but, I must live. I love my "family" too much to just die plus, they don't even know I have cancer, they think I'm just working minus Johnnycakes he knows. I love 'em so much.

Soda's P.O.V.

"I LOST HER TOO DAL! IT'S NOT WORTH JUST GIVING UP ON THOUGH! SHE'S COMING BACK THIS IS THE TENTH TIME THIS WEEK WE HAD TO HIDE YOU AND YOU JUST OUT OF JAIL!" I yell at Dally who is hiding in mine and Pone's room.

"I AM IN LOVE WITH HER THOUGH!" He yells back.

"YOU SHOULD JUST UNDERSTAND SHE NEEDS TO DO THIS FOR HER OWN GOOD!" I fight with him.

Out of nowhere he sits down with his hands cupping his face as he says, "I know man, but it's so hard. I can see her getting distant over the last week and I know it's in Jersey she told me. What if she's back with her ex? Soda, I can't compete with that."

"Man, trust me she's fine, but she's in Jersey so she might just not have much time. She has other friends there too Dally. Calm down," I comfort.

"Thanks Soda, I needed that," Dally says lifting up his head.

"I understand I miss her too. I miss her like snow missed the cold," I laugh at my simile. I walk out of the room to the gang. It hasn't been the same since she left. Johnny's always asking if we've heard from her, Pone is always upset, Darry has gotten more protective, Two isn't his good old joking self, Dally's always in trouble trust me ALWAYS,and Steve's fine. I miss her so much though.

*** ANOTHER 3 MONTHS LATER (6 MONTHS SINCE SHE LEFT TULSA)***

"Hey, Bay," my main doctor came in. By the way that's my new nickname Bay. The doc made it up.

"Hey doc," I laugh.

"I have good news, Bay you're going to be so happy," he smiles.

I smile too asking, "what is it?"

"You're cancer is gone," he hugs me.

"It is!" I yell happily jumping up from my bed.

"The only thing is, we have another six months of treatment and if you leave early, we could get sued. I'm so sorry Bay," he replies not letting go of me.

I slightly cry but, it could be worse. I could still be sick. I lowly sob, "I know. I know. I just miss my family. You know I couldn't of gotten through this without you? I love you as if you were....my dad."

"I love you too kiddo. You're the only patient that makes me smile and laugh everyday since day one. I wish you were my daughter. I'm going to miss you so much when you're gone," he whispers back.

"Thanks," I blush.

He sits down and we have one of our usual conversations. Starting with him asking, "so how's the famous Dallas Winston?"

"I don't know he's gets more distant everyday. I think he thinks I'm not coming back or worse," I sigh.

"Kiddo, if it's worse as in he doesn't love you anymore than he's an idiot for losing the best little girl I know," he smiles.

"You always know how to make me smile. Gosh, we've spent half of our time together already. It's crazy! I wish I could pack you up and bring you to Tulsa with me," I blush making him laugh.