Prologue 01 ~Awakening Stranger~

~Twisted Wonderland~

A rattling sound stirred Himemiya up from her sleep.

"Is it morning already...?" she asked and rubbed her eyes. Somehow, she felt as if her bed had gotten smaller. Or maybe, she had landed on the wrong side of the bed and now, everything felt cramped.

"Damn, people are coming soon! I need to hurry up and find a uniform-"

An unfamiliar voice caught her attention when they spoke. She tried to adjust her eyes but all she saw was complete darkness.

'Did I woke up too early?', she thought, confused by the lack of light in her room. But then, who would even be talking in her room when she's currently living alone?

She could hear another mumble by the same voice, "This lid is so heavy!"

As they spoke, something tugged roughly in front of her. At this point, Himemiya was completely confused as to where she currently was.

"Where...?"

"If it comes to this, I have no choice but to use my powers!" the voice spoke with determination but it still doesn't make any sense to her. All of a sudden, blue flames appeared before her eyes.

"F-Fire!?" she froze in place out of fear but when whatever was there in front of her was blown away, her eyes finally found light. But what she didn't expect was...

"Now then, time to put my plan in-?" whoever or whatever was speaking right now finally met Himemiya's eyes and just as hers widen in surprise, they were the same.

"GYAHHHH!!! You, why are you awake!?" it or he screamed in shock.

"A-A talking raccoon!?"

"Who are you calling a raccoon!? I am the GREAT Grim, you know!?" he retorted but Himemiya was too shocked to even reacted properly anymore. She wasn't sure what happened but apparently a talking male raccoon was standing on his two feet and speaking to her.

"Oh, well. Hey human, give me those clothes," he says and instantly, Himemiya was struck in horror.

Not only did he talk to her in that arrogant tone, he even had the audacity to ask for her clothes.

"P-Pervert!! Why would you need my clothes in the first place!?"

"What the-!? First, you call me a raccoon and now you call me a pervert!? You got guts, human!" he growls and suddenly blue flames appeared from the corner of his mouth. That instantly shut her mouth as she stared at the talking raccoon in fear.

"Guess I have to teach you to show some manners when talking to the great Grim!"

Himemiya quickly leaped out of whatever she was in earlier and ran away from the creature. She realized that she was in what she assumed was a coffin - given how there were several other coffins floating around her at that time. As unnatural as she found the situation was, that was the least of her attention.

For now, she had to run. And hide.

She could hear that creature yelling at her but she didn't even bother to look behind - afraid that if she did, she wouldn't see where she was going.