Prologue 10 ~Cheeky Mates~

~Twisted Wonderland~

The sneer that she heard coming from the young man surprised not only her but even Grim himself as he exclaimed in surprise.

"Pff...ahahahahaha! Oh man, I can't take it anymore!" Ace continued to laugh, leaving both the young woman and the small creature confused and shocked before the young man looked at them with a mocking smile.

"Hey, you two are the ones that caused a riot during the opening ceremony yesterday, right?" he asked and looked at Himemiya.

"The girl who got called in front of the mirror but turns out she couldn't use any magic," Ace looked at the small creature next, "And the monster that barged into the ceremony even though he didn't get invited! Oh man~"

He continued to laugh in amusement before he sneered at them, "It was so hard to stop myself from laughing during the opening ceremony."

"What!? W-What a rude guy!" Grim exclaimed in anger but Himemiya could tell that he was a bit offended by the statement that Ace made.

Truthfully, she also felt the same. It was one thing being told off by Grim that she couldn't use magic. But to hear it from someone else, it kind of hurt her feelings a little.

"In the end, both of you couldn't enroll in the school and somehow ended up becoming handymen instead?" he chuckled darkly before casting a nasty look at them, "Lame~"

"WHAT WAS THAT!?" Grim fumed in anger.

"Not only that, but the fact that the both of you don't even know who the "Great Seven" are...just how ignorant are you?" Ace shook his head as if to show his disappointment.

"I recommend you to start over from kindergarten before coming to Night Raven College," he grinned at them.

Himemiya could see Grim trembling in anger as he held himself from bursting out at any moment. But knowing Grim's patience limit, the young woman knew that it was just a matter of time before he snapped.

"G-Grim? Calm down, calm down..." she tried to cool down the small creature but the latter ignored her as he continued to stare at the young man with a very pissed-off look.

'Oh no, oh no, oh no. If this keeps up...'

"I called you out just to tease you both a little bit, but man! You guys exceeded my expectation," Ace explained with a lighthearted tone as if it was a funny and normal thing to make fun of others, "Well, I have classes to attend to unlike you guys, so, bye!"

Once he started walking, he cast a glance at the duo with a playful smile, "Work hard at cleaning the academy, you two~"

Himemiya let out a tired sigh, glad that Ace has finally stopped poking fun at them and left. However, her relief was soon shattered when she looked over at the small creature by her leg.

"This guy...!" Grim gritted his teeth in annoyance, "Letting him run his mouth and looking down on me...!"

A familiar blaze of blue flames appearing from the corners of Grim's mouth made the young woman's heart stop.

'This...is not good,' she thought, appalled by what was going to happen.

"HE JUST CROSSED THE LINE!! AND NOW I'M BEYOND ANGRY!!" Grim exclaimed in anger and sent his flames directly to the young man earlier.