Prologue 08 ~School-attending Pressure~

~Twisted Wonderland~

Himemiya just had the most satisfying dream that night. 

How could she not when the moment she opened her eyes and looked around, she found herself on her own personal bed. The familiar sight of her room washed her with a wave of relief as she began to wander around the house happily.

Going from room to room, all the familiar sights brought happiness to her.

Until a worn-looking door caught her attention. It was a door that she had never seen before nor she realized to have ever existed in her house.

Curious, she went to the door and when she held the doorknob, she began to hesitate. The door looked familiar despite she had never seen it before. However, she pulled herself together and turned the doorknob.

The creaking noise startled her and when she opened the door, an image of a familiar-looking room flashed in her mind before everything turned dark.

Not long after that, Himemiya slowly became conscious and she finally woke up.

~Twisted Wonderland~

"FINALLY! Took you long enough to wake up!" a familiar voice spoke up from beside her and when she turned her head to the side, her eyes locked onto a pair of bright blue eyes that belonged to a small creature that resembled a cat. Or a raccoon.

"You are..." Himemiya frowned as she tried to recall where she had seen him before.

"What? Don't tell me you've forgotten who I am!"

The fact that the cat or raccoon was talking to her somehow felt familiar and when she got up from an old and worn-down bed, she began to realize that she was in a very messy room that reminded her greatly of what she saw in her dream just now.

"Ah, so that room earlier..." she dragged her words and before she began to weep feebly, "It was just this room~"

"W-Why are you suddenly crying!?" 

"Because...even my dream just now had betrayed my hopes..." she explained but the small creature just stared at her incredulously and unamused.

"I have no clue what you're talking about but whatever," the small creature said and stood up from her bed and walked closer in front of her.

"More importantly," he started before he grabbed her collar with both of his paws and gave her a menacing glare, "HOW DARE YOU LEFT ME, THE GREAT GRIM, OUT ALL BY MYSELF TO DEAL WITH THE GHOSTS JUST NOW."

The way he spoke left her in a bewildered state as she froze on her spot.

"Eh...?"

The small creature, Grim, began to explain how the three ghosts they met last night just barged into their room and disturbed them. The small creature was so surprised by their appearance and was going to wake her up but the only response he got from her was---

"But I'm still so sleepy..." Himemiya rolled over and faced elsewhere, "I'll leave the ghosts to you, Grim..."

"---is what you've said and because of that, I had to deal with the ghosts by myself!"