Chapter 1-02 ~Triple Snacking~

~Twisted Wonderland~

Ramshackle Dorm - Lounge

Himemiya and Grim led the dark, orange-haired young man into their lounge area where they settled down to hear his story out.

"So..." Himemiya started the conversation while eyeing the red and black-coloured collar around Ace's neck curiously, "...care to tell us how that happened?"

"There's no doubt about it. That collar is the same one that I got from that red-haired upperclassman during the opening ceremony," Grim said before eyeing the young man quizically, "How did you end up having that?"

Ace kept silent as he averted his gaze elsewhere, seemingly hesitant to tell the story. That was until...

"...I ate a tart," he said.

This time, silence enveloped all of them as Ace's statement slowly sank into both Himemiya and Grim's brain.

"A tart?" she asked and the young man nodded his head.

"And...that's it?" she asked again and Ace turned his gaze at her with the same annoyed look on his face.

"Exactly. THAT'S IT," Ace emphasized his last statement and crossed his arms, "I got hungry by the time I arrived at the dorm, so I went straight to the kitchen to fill my empty stomach."

Ace frowned afterward, "And guess what I found in the fridge? The tart! And three whole ones too! That's why---"

Flashback

Ace lets out a tired sigh as he entered his dorm's kitchen, "It's only been the first day and I'm already this tired~ I even missed dinner, so I'm very hungry."

He walked around the area until he stopped right in front of a big fridge, "Wonder if there's anything in the fridge..."

Ace's eyes lit up when he saw three big whole tarts inside the chilling fridge.

"Oh, I found a tart! Looks delicious~!" Ace said in delight and looked at tarts with intrigued eyes.

"There's quite a lot so I'm sure no one's going to notice if I take a little bit ~" Ace took a little slice from one of the whole tarts and grinned happily.

"Thanks for the food~" he bit the slice and his eyes widen in surprise.

"Whoa, what the heck!? This is so good!" Ace exclaimed in surprise, completely unaware of a figure standing right behind him.

"Of course it's delicious. After all, anything that Trey makes is bound to be exquisite," someone spoke up and Ace, unknowingly turned around to agree with the person that spoke up behind him.

"No joke man, this is really something else! It's even better than the ones sold at the shops..." Ace's words were slowly dragged off when his eyes landed on a familiar figure in front of him.

"D-Dorm leader!?"  Ace's eyes widen in shock when he saw his dorm leader, Riddle Rosehearts, standing in front of him with his arms crossed and a glare adorned on his face.

"You have quite the guts to actually touched something that belongs to me," Riddle spoke, the tone of his voice was very obvious of how much he was upset by the events that took place in front of his eyes.