Prologue 00

~Twisted Wonderland~

Ah, my dear beloved

A lovely and noble flower of evil

Truly, you are the most beautiful in the world

Yet another unfamiliar voice, but this time it was clearly coming from a man.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

His voice resounded around her and it made her wonder where was she at the moment.

Who is the most...

A light suddenly shone upon her and finally, she could see where she was. But it hit her once again that she was still in the same setting as before - a space of endless darkness.

As unfamiliar as she thought of the place, she could tell that this space was different from the one she was at before.

Those who are guided by the dark mirror...

As long as your heart desires,

take the hand that appears in the mirror.

And in an instant, several other mirrors appeared around her - floating around her figure behind the light that was shining down on her. There were several figures standing each in the mirrors with their hands extended out to her.

A sense of fear began to kick in. She couldn't see their faces but all of them nonetheless had their hands held out to her the same way.

Who were they? And why were they holding their hands out to her?

But out of all the questions she had in her mind, the biggest question was, can she trust them? At all?

Nevertheless, out of all the mirrors around her, a certain figure from one of the mirrors caught her attention as she stared at them. Her hand unconsciously moved on its own, reaching out to their open hand.

And once her fingers touched the cold reflection of the figure's hand in the mirror, everything turned dark once more.

Flames that turn even stars into ashes,

Ice that imprisons even time,

The great tree that swallows even the sky...

Do not be afraid of the power of darkness.

Come, show your power.

Blue flames flickered in front of her and instantly, she found herself in a different place. A half-broken of what she assumed to be a big hall, surrounded by blue flames that she saw earlier. But nothing comes to her surprise at the sight of a huge black, beast with blue flames around its' neck.

It howled, surprising the young woman as she tripped on her feet and fell backward on the floor. She froze in place, her eyes staring straight into the beast's eyes.

Before it could pounce on her, a stream of light coming from behind her shot straight to the beast's body - halting its' action and pushed it backward.

To her surprise, several hooded figures stood in front of her, each holding on to a jeweled wand in their hands.

What happened next caught her breath.

"Magic...?"

The streams of lights coming out from the jeweled wands made contact with the beast's body, pushing it back and not giving it a chance to attack.

The scene raised a certain hope in her. A hope that she never knew nor aware to ever existed in her life.

It gave her strength. It gave her courage. It gave her determination.

The beast let out a pained growl as it was pushed back to the corner. And for a moment, it almost looked as if the fight was coming to an end.

But they were wrong.

The beast unleashed a huge wave of blue flames, sending the hooded figures away to the wall and rendered them stunned.

And all that remained was her and the beast. Upon closer look, it almost seemed as if the beast was smirking in victory. Somehow, she felt as if this situation was inevitable.

When the beast was gathering its' blue flames, a single tear escaped from her eyes.

For me.

For them.

For you.

For what, she wondered. She wanted to speak up, at least something. But the scene that was happening in front of her eyes made it impossible for her to even think.

Right before the flames could reach her, she closed her eyes - seemingly as to give up and accept her fate, and the voice continued to echo inside her head.

We are all out of time.

No matter what, never let go of that hand.

~To be continued~