Prologue 17 ~United Front First~

~Twisted Wonderland~

Dwarfs' Mine - Main Entrance

As soon as the ink-covered monster came out of the cave, Grim suddenly appeared from one of the bushes near the entrance.

"Hey, monster! I-I-I-I'm right over here!!" he called it out despite he was trembling in fear. And when the monster saw him standing out in the open, it growled in anger.

"Grr...LEAVEEEEEEEEEE!!"

"Gahh! It's coming!!" Grim shrieked and right after that, Himemiya appeared from the opposite side as she rushed out of the bushes and looked at the monster.

"Hey, monster! Over here!" Himemiya called it out, which instantly caught the monster's attention.

"Grrr!? ThErE's...tHIef heRe...tOo. Won'T gIVe... miNE...MINEEEE!!" it yelled as it pulled its' fist before aiming it towards the young woman.

"Himemiya, watch out!" Grim called out to her and fortunately, she managed to avoid it. Just barely.

"O-Oi! Are you okay!?" Grim called out to her as he went to her side.

"M-More or less...!" the young woman shivered slightly when she looked over at the spot where the monster was flinging its' fist earlier.

"Eek! With that kind of punch, you'll definitely get knocked out in an instant!" Grim shivered.

"B-But thankfully I didn't!" Himemiya said as she readied herself from her position, "For now, let's get it away from the tunnel as far as possible!"

Right after that, Himemiya and Grim quickly ran away from the entrance with the monster's focus on them.

"GeT oUT! GEt OuT!!" it yelled in anger as it began to chase them out from behind.

Once they were far away from the entrance, Himemiya and Grim stopped running as they faced the monster.

"Alright, we got him as far away from the cave!" Grim exclaimed.

"Ace, go for it!" Himemiya called out and right on cue, Ace jumped out of the bushes from behind the monster and readied his magical pen, "Okay, leave it to me! Let's go, Extra Large Tempest!"

Huge energy of wind suddenly appeared and surrounded the monster, catching it off guard and preventing it from moving anywhere.

"And~! The great Grim's Fire Special!!" the small creature let out its' blue flames directly to the monster trapped inside the wind. And once the flames directly touched the breeze, it quickly merged with the strong wind and turned into a huge fire tornado.

The monster growled in shock and pain as it looked around, panicked while trying to find a way out.

"Hah! How's that!? Even with Grim's shoddy flames, if I continue stirring my wind magic, the power of his flames would be like that of a burner!" Ace yelled in excitement while Grim gave him a glare.

"Who are you calling it shoddy flames!?" Grim retorted, "You really know how to piss someone off with that mouth! It's so annoying, you know!?"

"What's that~!? Did I hit a nerve~!?" Ace poked fun at the small creature, making him even more irritated as they bickered among themselves. But for Himemiya, they were her least concern now.