Prologue 16 ~Selfish Three~

~Twisted Wonderland~

The battle with the monster went badly when none of Deuce, Ace and even Grim's magic did a huge number on it. Instead, it made it even more agitated than before.

"LeaVe...! LeAvE...! LEEEEEEAAVE!!!" the monster cried out as it cast dark magic at Deuce and sent him flying back to the others.

"Guuuueh!!" Deuce fell to the ground as he groaned in pain.

"Deuce!" Himemiya went over to the young man to check on him while Ace clicked his tongue when he saw the young man's state.

"Stand back if you have no control, Mr. Serious!" Ace readied his magic as he aimed at the monster, "I'll stop it! Haa!"

As Ace cast his wind magic at the monster, it did only so little damage to the point that it was left in an even more agitated state, crying out in anger before it cast the same dark magic at the young man.

"Guuuhaah!!" Ace cried out when he was sent backward and fell to the ground harshly.

"Ace!" Himemiya cried out in worry. With both of the young men unable to fight off the monster, it now had its' focus on the remaining people as it walked towards Himemiya and Grim.

"I-It's coming over here...! Grim!" the young woman panicked when she saw the monster slowly approaching them.

"Fugyahhh! Don't come over here!!" Grim shrieked in fear before he let out his blue flames to the monster which directly hit it but unfortunately, had no effect on it as it growled in anger.

"It can't be...!" Himemiya stared at the monster with wide eyes.

"I-It's not working at all!!" Grim exclaimed in panic.

Just then, something glimmered from behind the monster.

"D-Did something just lighted up!?" Himemiya asked which, fortunately, she wasn't the only one noticed.

"Behind that thing!" Ace said as he weakly got up from the ground and looked at the tunnel behind the monster, "At the end of that tunnel, something lit up...!"

"That light..." Deuce got up next, "Could it be the magic stone!?"

Right after that, the monster let out a growl before it faced them, "WON'T GIVE!!!!!!"

"Hey, Himemiya! L-l-l-l-let's get out of here first! At this rate, we're done for!" Grim cried out and the young woman couldn't agree less.

"Ace! Deuce! Right now, we need to escape! Hurry!" Himemiya said to the two young men and they both nodded their heads before they all ran away from the area together, leaving behind the monster as it cried out in anger.

Dwarfs' Mine - Silent Woods

They ran as fast and far as they could and eventually, they ended up back at the forest where they first came to this place.

"We'll...We'll be fine out here, right?" Grim asked as he tried to catch his breath just like the others.

"Hopefully..." Ace responded before he began stretching some of his body parts and winced in pain.

"Owww, that hurts... What in the world was that? No one said anything about that being part of this!" Ace complained.

"It didn't seem like any ordinary ghosts we've seen before," Deuce said and Himemiya nodded her head in agreement.