Prologue 04 ~Confusing Amnesia!~

~Twisted Wonderland~

"As I thought," Crowley closed a book, "Nothing."

Himemiya let out a small sigh as a response, shoulders slumped defeatedly.

"Not only did it not appeared on the world map but even the name of your hometown wasn't recorded in any of our historical records," Crowley said and eyed the young woman suspiciously.

"Did you REALLY come from that place?" and he leaned closer with the same doubtful and suspicious look on his face, "You're not LYING to me, are you?" 

"Principal, I am just as desperate as you are to send myself back to where I live. What benefit would I get from lying about where I came from?" Himemiya reasoned with the man. 

Crowley hummed as he pondered, "True, and you don't seem like you even had the intention of attending this academy unlike that raccoon earlier."

Himemiya suddenly remembered the fire-spitting creature back in the Mirror Chamber. He looked so desperate at the thought of joining this prestigious academy.

"Now that it has come to this, it is possible that due to some trouble, you might have been summoned here from another world. Or perhaps a parallel world," Crowley explained and Himemiya's eyes widen in shock.

"P-Parallel world...?" she uttered the words and it sounded very unfamiliar for her brain to process it.

Could such a thing exist, she wondered. Was she really experiencing all of this in real life, and it was not just a random vivid dream?

Still unable to believe it, she pinched her arm, and the pain that she felt was so painful that she finally came to terms that she was indeed wide awake and not just a random dream.

"I'm not...dreaming? Or maybe the pain IS part of the dream...?" she asked herself before Crowley cleared his throat - catching her attention back to him.

"If I may ask - when you first came here, did you bring anything along with you?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"Something like an identification - like a magic car's driver license, or a shoe without a pair or something," he explained, "From what I see, you appeared to be empty-handed though."

Himemiya began to check her ceremony robe in case it had a pocket where she had her wallet or smartphone kept hidden somewhere.

After checking around her robe, she came to the conclusion that she really came into this world, empty-handed.

"Now this is quite troubling," the man commented when he saw the defeated look on the young woman's face and he crossed his arms, "We can't really keep someone who is unable to use magic to stay in this school."

At the end of his comment, Himemiya began to panic. If she couldn't stay here, where would she go? Not to mention, it's currently in the middle of the night.

"However," Crowley started and looked at the young woman with a somewhat resolved expression.

"To kick out a penniless youth without being able to contact their guardian is something that greatly pains my heart as a teacher," he smiled at her, "For I am very kind."

Himemiya couldn't help but smile in relief. At the very least, she wasn't tossed out of the school at that very moment.

She was still confused and lost with everything that was happening around her after all. Wandering around in an unfamiliar world without any clue or guide was like wandering aimlessly without a specific goal. And because of that, she was grateful for the man's offer.

But there was one problem.

"But where should I stay? Like the magic mirror said earlier, I don't belong in any of the dormitories," Himemiya asked and Crowley hummed as he pondered about it.

After all that he had done for her, and now even offering her to stay in the school despite she was not a magician, she felt bad if the man was willing to bend another rule just for her sake.

"Ah, that's right," Crowley smiled, "There is a building on this campus that is currently not being used."

"Eh?" Himemiya looked at him, surprised.

"It used to be a dormitory long ago, so with a little bit of cleaning, you should at least be able to sleep there. Thus, for now, I shall allow you to take shelter there!" Crowley said, his smile never faltered from his face, and Himemiya could feel her own smile adorning her face.

"Really?"

"But of course! In the meantime, I will also search for a way to send you back home. We don't want your parents or friends to think that you've gone missing now, do we?" 

Himemiya was left speechless as she looked up at the man in front of her in a new light.

For someone with such power and status in a prestigious school, the fact that he was doing all of those for her moved her heart.

Despite his appearance and strict attitude earlier, he was truly kind deep down.

"Ahh, how kind of me! Truly an exemplary educator for all!" Crowley praised himself, slightly ignoring the young woman as he basked and complimented his good deed.

'Although he is a bit eccentric too...' Himemiya thought to herself.

"Now then, let us be on our way. I will show you to the dormitory," Crowley began to walk out of the library with Himemiya walking behind him.

"It's a little bit old but I assure you, it is a building with a style of great taste," he further explained.

It may have not shown on her face but Himemiya was excited to see what kind of place this old dorm they were heading towards. 

Despite that she'll be staying alone, it was better than staying in a place full of boys that she never knew.

And hopefully, she'll be able to sleep throughout the night with no disturbance.

Hopefully...

~To be continued~