Prologue 03 ~Cruel Answer~

~Twisted Wonderland~

"Off With Your Head!" Riddle shouted and a collar suddenly appeared and locked around Grim's neck.

"Ngyahh! W-What is this!?" Grim panicked.

"Laws of the Queen of Hearts, Number 23: No cats are allowed to be brought into areas of festivities," Riddle said in a calm manner, "As you are a cat, trespassing here is a serious rule violation. I shall have you leave at once."

"I'm not a cat!!!" Grim retorted angrily, "I'll burn this collar in no time... H-Huh? My fire's not coming out!"

At the sight of Grim's panicked look, Riddle smirked in victory, "Until I remove that collar, you won't be able to use any magic. Now you're nothing more than just like a regular cat."

"W-What!? I-I'm not a pet, you know!?"

"Don't worry, no one would want a pet like you here anyway," Riddle said menacingly before his normal, composed self came back, "Well, once you're thrown out of the academy grounds, the collar will be removed."

Himemiya was in awe ever since the chasing stopped. She was completely speechless by everything.

"My~ As spectacular as ever. Riddle's unique magic can seal any kind of magic away," Azul, who was nearby said enthusiastically before all of a sudden, a sly and devious smile appeared on his face, "...I absolutely want it..." 

After realizing what he had said and seeing how Himemiya had seen him, he quickly changed his demeanour and cleared his throat, "I mean, I'd rather not want it to be used on me. It would be troublesome if one had their magic sealed by him."

"I-I...see."

"Himemiya!" Crowley's voice snapped the young woman out from her state as she saw the Principal himself walked towards her.

"Please do something about him! This is your familiar, correct?" Crowley pressed and somehow his voice had garnered everyone's attention back to her and the questioning and doubtful look came back.

If she had to be honest, she really didn't like the attention she received. Not to mention being dragged into a situation that she has no relation at all and certainly not the one that she was to be blamed for.

"If you had planned to bring him into the academy, then you need to at least properly discipline it before-"

"He's not my familiar!"

Everything fell into silence - not even the sound of breathing ever since Himemiya just exclaimed to the man in front of her.

"...Eh? It's not yours?" Crowley asked.

"I've been telling you that over and over already!" she retorted and huffed angrily.

Seeing how she suddenly burst out in anger, Crowley became slightly timid, "I-Is that right?"

Himemiya gave him a disappointed look and Crowley began to regret reconfirming it. Not to mention he also received several questioning looks from the other students for accusing the young woman as well.

"Ahem!" he coughed, "Anyway, let us get it out of the academy. Don't worry, we're not even going to put it into a pot and make a stew out of him since I am so kind!"