Prologue 15 ~Tough Spot~

~Twisted Wonderland~

Dwarfs' Mine - Interior

"Damn it, I didn't know there were ghosts hanging around here too," Ace grumbled annoyingly as he and the others stared at the ghosts that were wandering around the area aimlessly.

"Good thing they didn't see us or else, this will never end," Deuce said and began walking away and walked towards another path, "Come on, let's keep moving!"

Just before Himemiya and Grim were about to follow the dark, blue-haired young man, Ace clicked his tongue and crossed his arms as he stood on his spot.

"You know, I'd rather you not to act all tough and ordering me around," Ace said as he sent glares at the young man, "Thinking back, this would never have happened if you weren't acting like an idiot back then!"

Slightly annoyed, Deuce turned around and glared at the dark, orange-haired young man, "If you're going to bring that up, then YOU'RE the one who started this for skipping out on cleaning in the first place!"

"Okay, well, then the one who burned the Queen of Hearts' statue was this furball!" Ace pointed to the small creature which Grim flinched from the sudden attack.

"Hey, you were the one making fun of me first, so that's your fault!" Grim retorted.

At this point, Himemiya was starting to panic as she watched the fight occurred in front of her. Just before she could even break them off, Deuce beat her to it.

"GUYS! Are you all aware of the current situation we're in!?" Deuce looked at each one of them, "If we don't get the magic stone by morning, we're all going to be expelled!"

"AND.THAT'S.WHY!" Ace stressed the words before he glared at the young man in front of him once more, "We should have split up in the first place! ...Man, I'm pissed!"

Although the crisis had been averted and push away, Himemiya still couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety when the two young men refused to cooperate and work together.

And right before she could even voice out her opinion, something caught in her hearing.

"...I think...I just heard a voice..." she said as her whole body unconsciously tensed up.

"Huh? If it's about the ghosts, they're not here," Ace replied to her statement in an agitated manner. 

"T-That's not it... It's-"

"NoT...gIvE...wILL...nOt...

Everyone instantly tensed when they heard an otherworldly voice speaking up from somewhere.

"W-Who's...voice?" Ace asked but no one could even answer him.

"StoNe...uUuuUUUu...mINe..."

"Somehow...it sounds like it's getting closer..." Deuce said next, his face started to pale.

And right after that, the sound of heavy footsteps started becoming more clearer and the four of them reluctantly turned their heads towards the source. And the sight they met was not one that they were ready to face.

"SdOne...is MINEEEEEE!!!!" a giant covered in black ink that was leaking from its' flask-shaped head yelled at them while carrying its' pickaxe menacingly at them.

"MONSTERRRR!!!!!" they all screamed in fear before they started running away from the area. Once they were far enough, they took their time to catch their breath as they questioned what they had just seen.

"W-What was that!?" Deuce asked the question in everyone's mind but the only response he got was Grim's shriek.

"No one said about THAT being here!!" the small creature exclaimed before looking at the other with trembling eyes, "Hey, let's just get out of here!"

"That was terrifying!" Ace said, eyes still wide in surprise before he was hit by a sudden realization, "But, didn't it say something about the stone!?"

"What!?"

From afar, the giant's figure came into view as it slowly made its' way towards them.

"SdoNE...sTOnE...noT gIve...!!!!" it yelled.

Everyone tensed when the giant was starting to catch up to them.

"Wait, that means..." Deuce's eyes started to light up, "There's still a magic stone in here!"

"N-N-N-N-No way!!" Grim quickly objected, "I may be a genius, but there's no way we'll win against that!"

"But if we don't bring back the magic stone, all of us will be expelled...!" Deuce reasoned with the small creature but seeing how everyone was hesitating, the young man made up his mind, "I'll go!"

"You'll go...? You mean, to take the magic stone!?" Himemiya cried out in surprise at his decision.

"Are you serious!?" Ace's eyes widen in surprise.

"Deuce, you can't do it alone! It's dangerous!" Himemiya tried to reason with him but it turned out to be futile.

"There's no way I'm going to let myself get expelled!" Deuce exclaimed before he rushed off to face the giant.

~Twisted Wonderland~