Chapter 1-10 ~Reigning Beast~

~Twisted Wonderland~

Night Raven College - Woods Behind Academy

As they have agreed, the four 1st-years went to the forest behind the botanical garden right after school hours to pick up the chestnuts that Trey had requested earlier. 

The moment they arrived, they were surprised by the number of chestnuts lying around on the ground.

"Whoa! There are lots of them here!" Grim exclaimed in awe. With twinkled eyes, he grinned as he approached the nuts on the ground, "With this much amount of nuts, then it'll be an all-you-can-eat Mont Blanc tart for us~!"

"Grim, 200 to 300 is already a lot. Don't go taking more than what's needed..." Himemiya warned the small creature.

"Ah, phooey! Wouldn't hurt to get extras for ourselves right? Who knows, maybe you can try to make it too when you're free so that I can eat some when I want to!" Grim snickered in amusement.

"So that's what you're after for..."

"Anyway! Let's hurry up and pick these up—Ouch!!" Grim hastily dropped a chestnut near him as he clutched both his paws, "The chestnut's thorn dug into my paw pads!"

"That's what you get for being hasty," Ace commented with a small smirk on his lips.

"What was that!?"

"Hmm, looks like it'll be impossible to pick them all up with bare hands," Deuce pondered to himself, "Not to mention, I'd like to have a bucket to put all of them in later as we gather; carrying them all with just us four is impossible."

"How about we search for those in the garden?" the dark, orange-haired young man pointed over at the big botanical garden behind them. 

By the size of it, surely the garden would probably have some spare tools in it. With that in mind, they all head towards the glassy dome.

Botanical Garden – Temperate Zone

"Whoa! This place is actually bigger than I thought," Ace looked around in awe as they entered the garden.

The garden was huge enough for various types of plants and trees to grow. Even the air inside the dome was fresher and more foresty than it was outside—meaning that someone was doing a good job of maintaining the place for the whole flora to flourish.

"We should be able to find the tools in here somewhere. How about we split up and look around?" Deuce suggested and everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"Then, I'll go to the right side," Ace said.

"And I'll take the left side," Deuce looked at the remaining duo, "As for Himemiya and Grim, you can try and check at the inner gardens. Is that okay with you two?"

"I don't mind."

Now with a specific goal in their minds, the three of them split up to their own locations.

When the two Ramshackle students reached the inner garden, Grim excitedly went ahead and looked around in awe.

"Whoa~! Hey, hey, Himemiya! Come, over here! There's a lot of fruits around here!" he took a deep breath around the area and smiled widely, "And they smell so good!"

"Don't go and pick any of those fruits, okay? That's not what we came here for," she called out to him and she could see the disappointed look on his face but nevertheless, he obliged and began to search for the tools they needed.