Prologue 11 ~Hundred Split Windows~

~Twisted Wonderland~

Night Raven College - Cafeteria

"I'm beat~!" Grim whined as he laid down on one of the cafeteria's tables while Himemiya sat in front of him.

"You worked really hard, Grim," Himemiya praised the small creature but he just averted his gaze away.

"Hmph, don't you go and think that praising me would help motivate me into giving my all to cleaning the whole place," Grim grumbled before he sat up and faced the young woman in front of him.

"I mean like, we've been cleaning for almost one whole day, you know!?" he remarked, "Just when I thought I can finally rest my tired bones, but then we have another one hundred windows to clean up next..."

"After all the trouble we've caused, it can't be helped," Himemiya said before eyeing the small creature in front of her judgingly, "Besides, this wouldn't have happened if you haven't gotten into a fight with Ace."

"Hey, that Ace guy was looking down on us, you know!? I don't know about you but I personally wouldn't sit down and let such an insult pass by without giving them a piece of my mind!" Grim defended himself.

With a small sigh, Himemiya kept quiet and listened to his rants.

"Speaking of Ace, that guy is late!" Grim grumbled and began to walk back and forth on the table, "He got some nerve making me wait on him and I'm not exactly in a good mood!"

"Now, now. Let's keep that anger in check before he arrives. And when he does, you can grumble and let it all out on him later. Okay?" Himemiya suggested. Although Grim was slightly annoyed by the act of being told what to do, he abided and sat down patiently.

Silence enveloped the whole cafeteria as time passed by. Most students have gone back to their dorms and sometimes, there were some students that stopped by the cafeteria to buy some foods and drinks before they left the place.

And throughout those times of waiting, Ace never once appeared.

"There's no way he'd be THIS late!"

Grim's exclamation surprised the young woman from her short nap as she jerked slightly from her seat.

"Huh?"

"It's been like 30 minutes and I don't even see his shadow around here!" Grim snapped, "Don't tell me he bailed on us!?"

Himemiya turned to look at a nearby clock and just as Grim had claimed, they had indeed waited for almost 30 minutes and more for the young man.

"I don't want to think that he did but I also don't think that it's entirely impossible as well..." 

"RIGHT!?"

With a sigh, the young woman stood up from her seat, "For now, let's go look for him and see what's holding him up."

"I don't care if he has his reasons or what, I'm not letting him run away and leave the whole punishment to us!" Grim said irritatingly.

Grim jumped off the table and faced the young woman, "Let's go, Himemiya! We'll catch that Ace and make him clean the windows with us, whether he likes it or not!"

They then proceed to head over to the 1st-year floor where the new students' classrooms were located. With the help of students pointing out which class Ace was in, the duo head over to class 1-A.