Prologue 13 ~Careless Tactics~

~Twisted Wonderland~

"Damn it! He keeps on scampering around!" Ace grumbled in annoyance as he, Deuce, and Himemiya ran towards the cafeteria.

"Ah, up there!" Himemiya pointed over to the chandelier above them where Grim was hanging around in a relaxed manner.

"Hehehe! Catch me if you can~!" he taunted the three humans as he lazed on the chandelier.

"Climbing up to a chandelier where we can't reach you...! That's cowardly!" Deuce exclaimed at Grim but was ignored by the small creature.

"Damn... Now what?" Ace grumbled.

"I still haven't learned flying magic yet..." Deuce said and eventually, the three of them fell into silence as they pondered over how they could catch the small creature.

"If we went and find a ladder to reach up to him, he'll just end up running away at that very moment we almost reached him..." Ace mumbled as he stared annoyingly at the relaxed state that Grim was putting up in front of them.

"I-Isn't there some kind of magic where you can instantly grab something or something that could throw him off ?" Himemiya asked, looking at the two young men before Ace lets out a sigh.

"Nah, nothing comes close to mind for that..."

"Then, how about something that could throw him off the chandelier?"

"What kind of method is that? You heartless girl..."

"I-I was just suggesting...!"

"Ah, that's it!" Deuce suddenly exclaimed and both Himemiya and Ace turned to look at the dark, blue-haired young man in expectations.

"Oh, looks like you've got some good idea-" Ace was about to genuinely followed along with whatever idea Deuce might have in store but the thought was instantly gone when he saw the dark, blue-haired young man pointing his magical pen at him.

"Oi, oi, oi, hold up! Why are you pointing your magical pen at me!?" Ace panicked as he slowly backed away from the serious-looking Deuce.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to throw you!" Deuce stated with determination.

"Ehhh!?" Himemiya exclaimed in shock.

"You've got to be kidding me!?" Ace retorted before he felt a magical wave of energy enveloping him and suddenly, his whole body started floating.

"Dude, are you seriously going to throw me!? Stop it! I'm serious here!" Ace tried to reason with the dark, blue-haired young man but unfortunately, his words were ignored by him.

"Make sure you'll catch him!" Deuce reminded the young man he had his hold on before readying himself in front of the chandelier, "Aiming right there... Now, GO!"

Deuce waved his magical pen over to the same chandelier Grim was on, sending Ace flying in the air towards their target.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"

"EEEHHH!?" Grim shrieked in panic before Ace bumped into the chandelier, causing it to fall down along with the other two.

CRASH!

The chandelier broke into pieces after they hit the ground, making a mess around the empty cafeteria.

"Awawawa, the chandelier...!" Himemiya panicked and looked at the mess that they have made. Just from the sight alone gave her a bad feeling.

"Unbelievable...!" Ace grumbled as he got up amidst the broken chandelier while Grim remained on the floor, eyes as white as sheets and groaning in pain.