IX | fall

FALL
🍁

Y/N SMILED, swinging her camera around energetically as she took pictures and filmed as much as she could. "It's so much prettier than I thought it would be!" Nishinoya didn't get everything of what she said, but it was clear that she was complimenting the nature. Sugawara nodded, agreeing.

"It is nice, isn't it?" He commented, shoving his hands into his baby blue hoodie as he sauntered forward. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were at the very back and ahead of them were Nishinoya and Y/n. The rest were jumbled into one group, pushing and shoving while the third-years led them.

Meaning that every now and then, Hinata would yelp and Kageyama would curse.

Although they'd been told off due to the presence of children in the same premises, the third-years eventually gave up and started their own conversation. "L/n-san," Nishinoya suddenly called as she took a picture of another tree. She hummed inquisitively, turning around as she peeked over his shoulder.

The boy spoke in a heavy accent. "Bird." He didn't remember what the English word for 'duck' was, but it was an attempt. Y/n just nodded, nonchalantly swinging an arm over his shoulder as she glanced over his other one. She smoothly took a picture, squinting as Nishinoya's face grew warm at the contact.

The girl pulled away, humming some more as she checked the pictures. They were a little blurry, but nothing a little touching up couldn't fix. "Noya-san?" She tilted her head at the stiff male who blankly stared at the pond. Tsukishima snickered, walking past them. "You broke him, Chibi."

She huffed at Tsukishima's nicknames as Yamaguchi apologized for him, the two walking off to catch up with the others. "Ah, they're far. We should walk too!" She laced her fingers with his as she chewed on her bottom lip hesitantly. Should I even be doing this? She thought back to when she talked to her mother a little bit about her crush.

Of course, her mom was a supportive spitfire like usual, encouraging her to 'woman up' and tell Nishinoya about her feelings. However, she only gained her thirst for adventure from her mother, definitely not the confidence. Noya let her drag him along, snapping back to his senses as a leaf smacked him in the face.

She giggled at his unfortunate situation as he slowly peeled the damp leaf off his face before smacking it on her head. Y/n yelled as he darted forward and out of her reach, laughing. She followed after him, quickly shoving her camera into a startled Suga's hands. "Why don't they just date already?" He chuckled, watching them.

Y/n sprinted after Noya, already feeling her legs growing tired as he stopped at a bridge. He teased her, sticking his tongue out and making a stupid monkey-like face before disappearing down the trail again. "NOYA-SAN!" She shouted, laughing at the same time as she felt her breaths grow shorter and more intense.

Noya had stopped all of a sudden, allowing the h/c haired girl to catch up to him. However, as soon as she stopped, she wished she hadn't chased him at all. In front of a slightly out of breath Noya was a bowing girl, a pink envelope now in his hands. He nodded at her and blinked before pointing at her accusingly.

She immediately turned red and turned away, leaving. Y/n slowly approached Noya, a sickening feeling in her stomach the longer that she stared at the pink envelope. "What's that, Noya-san?" She asked in Japanese and the boy sighed, staring at it some more before tossing it in a trash bin.

If he treats a confession like that, imagine mine!

She wanted to bite her nails at the thought. "That girl wanted Asahi-san," Noya said inaccurately, but Y/n didn't bother to correct him. He was angry and it was obvious, his brows furrowed as his fingernails dug into the skin of his palms. "But she lies a lot. She handed to me, so I give to him."

He blinked, "She insulted Ryū too; she doesn't deserve Asahi-san." Y/n just nodded at him before slowly lacing their hands together like before, prying his fingernails from his palm. "You might bleed," The girl warned quietly and Nishinoya let out a sigh. "Did I ruin Asahi-san's love?"

Y/n glanced at the pink letter that stuck out of the trash can before stealing a glimpse of the girl who watched from a distance. "No. You're a good friend, Noya-san." She reassured with a light squeeze of her hand, the boy beaming back at her. Their teammates had just started walking over the bridge, staring at them.

"Looks like she caught him," Kageyama said blandly, sipping from a little milk container that he'd brought just for the walk. Hinata blinked, suddenly grasping the box and squishing it. Milk suddenly shot up and out the straw, smothering the setter's face as everyone turned to gape and stare.

Hinata squeaked and made a run for it as milk dripped down Kageyama's clothes, staining them. Soon enough, he was chasing after Hinata while screaming insults. Daichi sighed, walking up ahead and past Nishinoya and Y/n. "I'll go get them," He walked calmly after the two first-years.

"Oh! Oh!" Tanaka chirped, traipsing over to the two with a big grin on his face. Noya and Y/n exchanged looks before glancing at the bald second-year. "You two are holding hands! Tell me, Noya-san, when did this happen?" He smugly looked at the two as Noya blushed. He pointed at Kiyoko.

"How about you go hold hands with Kiyoko-san, Ryū?" He asked, copying Tanaka's little cocky look. Y/n peeked over at him and felt her cheeks flush. Even when he looked all smug, he still managed to look cute. Instantly, the male ran over to the goddess, dropping to his knees dramatically.

"Will they be together?" He said in broken and heavily accented English, gesturing between Tanaka and Kiyoko. The girl beside him snickered, "If he prays enough."