XVI | winter

WINTER

"PLEASE?" Hinata begged, clasping his hands together and shaking them back and forth as he dropped to his knees in front of the door. Currently, the entire Karasuno boys' volleyball team was at Y/n's door. They were attempting to drag her out of the house, but it seemed that she had other duties to attend to.

Y/n frowned, "I'm sorry, but I can't." She mumbled, seeming exhausted. Her hair was wrapped up in a messy bun and a few strands stuck out, framing her face. Nishinoya could barely see her due to his lack of height, but he still managed to admire her from afar. "It's New Year's Eve, you can't have something to do."

Daichi spoke up, seeming a little disheartened. His statement made her feel more guilty, "I'm sorry, I really am. My Grandma's in the hospital. That leaves me with—" She was cut off by a loud yell in English. "—Y/n, where are the bandages?!" It sounded like a little boy, the Karasuno boys exchanging confused looks.

Y/n glanced over to the stairs, "Chang, Damien, don't break anything—" Her sentence was ended with a shattering sound, the girl looking like she was going to start sobbing as she sped up the stairs. The boys awkwardly let themselves in, slinking into the living room. Of course, the 'sneaky' operation was led by Hinata.

A boy peeked out of the kitchen. He had caramel skin, mossy eyes, and a beauty mark perched above his lip. "Oh, I've seen you all in my sister's vlogs," He said, casually sipping from a glass of water. Y/n poked her head out, angrily speaking German. "Damien, I told you to watch Chang while the girls went to sleep!"

Delilah yawned and sauntered in the hallway, followed by Rose. "Don't bother. Chastity stole the blankets." She stumbled and rubbed her eyes sleepily. Y/n fell to her knees, Noya instantly standing up and walking over to her in an attempt to comfort her. As he rubbed her back, another boy traipsed into the hallway.

"Y/n! I asked where the bandages were!"

He immediately paused and stared at Noya. The libero awkwardly stared back, freezing. "You!" He pointed accusingly, already riled up for some reason. Damien stood up, smoothly speaking Japanese so the others could understand what was going on. "Chang, cut it out." He grabbed the Chinese boy by the ear.

"When did you learn Japanese?!"

"When will you shut up?"

The two bickered, one angry while the other was calm. They went to the guest room they were offered, clicking the door behind them closed. Delilah and Rose shared looks, unsure as to what to do. Sleeping apparently wasn't an option anymore. Y/n tiredly stood up, Noya loosening his grip.

She quickly introduced all of her siblings, sighing before explaining. "Grandma's at the hospital so my dad thought it'd be a genius idea for them to stay here and make me watch them while he stayed with her. They don't leave until day after tomorrow." Sugawara laughed sadly, "You must really have your hands full, huh?"

Y/n just nodded tiredly, squeezing Noya's hand for some source of comfort. The silver-haired male sighed and introduced the entire team in English. Only some of them paid attention, Kageyama's eyes were glued to the TV while Tsukishima was boredly scrolling on his phone. Sugawara turned around, staring at the team.

"Get her a blanket and some tea," He ordered. The boys wanted to help their friend, but also wanted to avoid any lectures or hits they might get from Sugamama. Once Sugamama mode was activated, there was no going back. He quickly gave out demands, the team scrambling around.

Some cleaned up the house while others created a comfort area for Y/n, a few even interacted with Delilah and Rose as they did so. "How about you two join your sister on the couch? Maybe you'll fall asleep that way." Sugawara offered kindly. The two six-year-olds were wary, but nodded and joined Y/n on the sofa.

Noya blinked incredulously, "What do I do, Sugawara-senpai?" He stared at the third-year who gazed back at him. "Give her cuddles," He said pointedly before disappearing into the kitchen to make sure that the house didn't catch on fire. "I guess this is how we're spending New Year's Eve," The libero jested.

Y/n hummed softly and cuddled into him. She was definitely tired, her breaths slowing down as she slumped against him. He didn't mind, his face heating up as she did so. "You like my sister," Delilah suddenly said, pointing at Noya. He seemed sheepish at first, but gave an unashamed smile and nod in response.

Rose glanced at him, "Marry her please. She's so lonely that it's sad." Delilah nodded in agreement with a cheeky expression. "Damien's had more dates than her and he's only eleven!" She chimed, spilling the secret that was meant to be between the siblings only. Y/n mumbled in French tiredly.

"Delilah, shut your face before I shut it for you."

Noya's heart skipped a beat. Usually, when she spoke another language, it sounded threatening. This time, her voice was soft and sweet in comparison to the words that she just said; ones that he didn't understand. Delilah mumbled bitterly back in the sweet language, huffing. "Such a fun sponge."

"I'll treat you like a toilet sponge if you don't shut the fuck up."

"I'm going to tell Dad you cursed!"

"I'm fifteen, you little shit."

"Age is just a number."

"Getting beat is just an action."

The two bickered back and forth in French as Noya grinned amusedly. Gently, he combed his fingers through her hair in an attempt to make her fall asleep faster. "Go to sleep," He mumbled softly in Japanese. The figure against him let out another sigh, relaxing like before. "Tell them I said thank you."

He brushed some hair out of her face and quietly replied. "Will do. Now, sleep." It was almost like a spell, her breathing evening out as she relaxed against the male. He smiled hazily at her before blinking in surprise. Wait, did she hear Delilah's question?! Noya paled instantly, his heart dropping.

I'm so fucked.