~Chapter 2~

Y/N's POV

     "We've decoded the intel from the First Order spy, and it confirms the worst," Poe sighs. "Somehow, Palpatine returned."

     "What?" I question Rey, who is just standing still. I'm not the only one who is questioning this bizarre occurrence.

     "Wait. Do we believe this?" Rose asks.

     When she was taken away from the Battle of Crait after saving Finn's life, she was immediately placed in the medical bay when we landed on this planet. She healed after a few weeks thanks to the doctors.

     "It cannot be," Aftab proclaims. "The emperor is dead." I'm not sure but I believe he's a relative of Admiral Ackbar and taking over his position because they are the same species.

     "Dark science, cloning. Secrets only the Sith knew."

     I nod at his statement.

     "It seems like he's been planning his revenge," I shout out.

     "His followers and he have been planning and building something for years. The largest fleet the galaxies ever known. He calls it the Final Order," Poe finishes. "In 16 hours, attacks on all free worlds will begin."

     Rey seems deep in thought so I don't say anything to her. Chewie is growling in disappointment.

     "The Emperor and his fleet have been hiding in the unknown regions... on a world called Exegol."

     Memories begin flashing through my head once more. Younger me holding Luke's hand on the planet of Ach-To. Younger Rey and I playing with dolls on a ship. A time when Rey, Ben, and I were playing in the hallways of D-Qar's base. Then the same memory again where my mother was singing to me and a dark figure comes through the doorway.

     I snap out of the visions when Rey brushes past me and the crowd. I quickly follow her to where she has been reading Luke's old journals on a desk.

     "Rey?! What is it?" I ask as she starts opening up the chest with the old books. She explains what she is doing and takes out one of the books. She grabs it and then drags me along to meet with General Organa alone.

     "I know how to get to Exegol," Rey states.

     "Tell me," Leia assures. I stand next to Rey and look through the book that she is scanning.

     "Luke searched for it. For a long time, he nearly found it!" She stands up and shows Leia and me. "There are ciphers here I can't read, but he said to get there, you need one of these," Rey points to a black pyramid drawn into the journal. "A Sith Wayfinder. They're compasses that lead the way to Exegol."

     "If we can find one of those then we can find Exegol. Meaning we can find Palpatine. I remember reading these journal books when I was in training with Luke. I never remembered till now but he told me about his adventures," I explain to Leia.

     "Exactly! To stop what we know is coming, I think Y/N and I need to finish what Luke started. Find Exegol, find the emperor."

     "No," Leia shakes her head, not fond of the idea with the last two, well one and a half, Jedi in the world to go finish an investigation.

     "I don't want to go without your blessing, but I will. I will. It's what you would do," Rey states.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     I pick up the chest with tools in it with the help of Chewie and carry it inside the Falcon. Chewie growls once we set the box down.

     "Yeah, that's right. Rey and I are going alone to try and find the Sith Wayfinder, to find Palpatine." We both walk back outside but I stop seeing Poe and Finn talking to Rey.

     "We need to go alone," Rey tries to persuade them to stay.

     "Yeah, alone with friends," Finn states.

     "No, it's too dangerous," I tell them.

     "We go together," Finn says. BB-8 beeps and I smile at his bravery.

     "I wholeheartedly agree," 3PO exclaims.

     "Besides, who else is going to worry about you," Poe walks up to me and gives me a kiss.

     "Okay you two, let's finish packing," Finn coughs awkwardly

     Rey chuckles and I help Chewie gather the materials to go inside the Falcon.

     "Y/N," Leia calls me over once everything is moved into the Falcon.

     "General? Is everything okay?" I ask her.

     "Yes, everything's fine," Leia grabs my hands. "I just want you to know that this mission is going to tell you things that you never knew. The truth about your past, who you are."

     I listen to what she says and feel a sudden sadness coming over me.

     "Leia, are you alright?" I question her.

     She nods to me.

     "I believe you're ready to know the truth, but I can't be the one to tell you," Leia informs me. "Now, go."

     I hug her, and after a few seconds, I walk away to the Falcon's entrance. I see Poe waiting for me and I quickly wrap my arms around his waist.

     "Everything ok?" He asks.

     "I have a funny feeling about something," I tell him and he embraces me in a comforting manner.

     "Hey, we'll be alright, we got each other," Poe assures.

     "Are you guys ready to go?" Rey appears behind us, motioning it's time to leave.

     "Yeah, we're ready," I notify her.

     The three of us walk back to the cockpit. Rey and Chewie pilot the Falcon, Finn sitting behind Chewie, I'm sitting behind Rey, and Poe standing in the middle, leaning on the chairs.

     "So where's our next stop?" I ask the pilot.

     "The sandy planet of Pasaana," Rey explains. "That's where we'll find the Wayfinder."

     "Pasaana?" I repeat.

     "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" Rey looks behind her at me.

     "My mother was a slave there."