-seventeen-

This chapter has a trigger warning. I will also put it right before anything happens. Hope y'all are safe and healthy during this quarantine too.
-Bramble

It had been about a month since Colby and I had started dating, and the day had finally come for us to tell the fans.

Colby sat up the camera, and I sat down on the couch in his room, nervously spinning the rings I had on around my finger.

Colby noticed this and came over and grabbed my hand and put it in his.

"Kate, it will be okay. The fans don't have to approve of our relationship. No matter the outcome, I will still love you."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thanks Colbean. And I love you too. Now, let's get this over with."

Colby got up and turned on the camera, then came and sat back down next to me on the couch.

"Hey guys, it's your boy Colby. Now, as you can see by the title, Kate and I have something very important to tell you."

Colby looked at me and smiled, then laced his fingers in mine, which was in the view of the camera.

I smiled back, and he looked at the camera.

"Kate and I are now dating, making her my girlfriend," he said before kissing the top of my head.

"Surprise," I said, slightly laughing. "It's been about a month since we started dating, and we waited to give us some time to kinda get used to it ourselves."

"Yeah. Probably the hardest thing was making sure we didn't get caught on camera," said Colby.

"Oh, that was easily the hardest thing," I said, laughing.

Colby laughed too, and then looked at me, then back at the camera. "Now, that being said, here's a montage of all the crazy things we did together, and things that had to be edited out of my roomates' videos."

He then got up and turned of the camera since we already had an outro filmed.

"Well. Once I edit this, I'll upload it, and then it will be public," he said, looking at me.

"And then the flood gates will open and the fans will make thousands of edits of us," I said.

Colby laughed and scooped me up and spun around.

"What the hell? Put me down!" I said trying to hide my laughter. He stopped spinning and shrugged. "Okay," he said before tossing me on his bed.

I rolled my eyes and buried myself under the covers.

Colby laughed. "Wow. Real mature, Kate."

I stuck one of my hands out from under the covers and flipped him off.

"Ouch," he said, pretending to be hurt.

He pulled the covers off my head and looked down at me. "You can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, you know that right?"

"Hey. You were fully aware of that when you asked me to be your girlfriend." I said.

Colby smiled. "Yes I was. And I'm perfectly okay with it. I love it. I love you, Kate."

"I love you too, Colbean. Now, don't you have a video to edit?"

///TIMESKIP///

The comments on everything that Colby and I posted or uploaded about our relationship were mostly all supportive. There were alot of 'i called it' and 'i can't wait for more content with just the two of you', but there were also those few hate comments.

And they were even nastier than normal, and they were all aimed at me.

I was currently sitting in my aparament going through them all. At first they didn't get to me at all, but they continued to get worse, and eventually did.

userabc123: this bitch doesn't deserve Colby

user666: colby can do way better

ihatekate: damn whore should just leave him and let him get with someone that's actually good for him

That last one in particular really got to me. It shook loose a memory I had stored in the depths of my mind, hiding it away from me.

Tina, my foster mother at the time, scoffed at me. "Useless bitch. We shouldn't have ever agreed to foster you. Just go to your room before something accidentally happens to you," she said, gesturing to the living room where Derek, my foster father, was with the knife in her hand.

My eyes widened and I ran up the stairs to my small room, locking the door behind me.

I quietly sat my bag on the ground, knowing I would get hurt if I threw it down, and crawled on the mattress that they had for me on the floor, and sobbed silently.

Then heavy footsteps started thudding up the stairs, and I froze. I quickly wiped the tears off my face and got up and unlocked the door, then hurried back to the mattress.

"KATELYN!" Derek yelled as he threw open the door.

I jumped and backed against the wall. Derek stomped over and grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulling my face inches away from his own.

His breath reeked of bourbon.

"Don't you ever talk to Tina like that again. Ever!" He yelled, spitting on my face as he did.

I didn't flinch. I didn't cry. And I sure as hell made kept my mouth shut.

"Damn whore! Do you hear me, bitch?!" Derek yelled. I quickly nodded, and he released gis grip on my shirt and shoved me back down.

He stomped back out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

I let the tears start flowing again, and stood up, quietly shuffling to the bathroom door in my room. Though this time, the carpet felt softer than I remembered, and when I got to the bathroom, the tiles actually seemed cold.

⚠ Trigger Warning ⚠

I grabbed my razor out of the shower, and quickly got one of the blades out.

I sat there for a few seconds, sobbing, tears almost blocking my vision.

I looked down at the blade and pulled up the sleeve of my pullover. I slowly moved the blade closer to my arm, until it was less than an inch away.

But something wasn't right. I hesitated. That didn't actually happen.

Right as I realized this, a door burst open, snapping me out of my memory.