-twenty-five-

Right after Colby said that, the EMF started going off again. He put it on the small table in front of the window, then jumped back.

Sam took a step closer and pointed the camera towards the EMF. It flashed all the way to red, and even I stepped back.

"Bro it's never done that!" Said Corey.

"What the hell?!" Said Sam.

"Dude. Just think. Someone died right here," Colby said, pointin to where he was standing.

"The lady- I don't remember her name-"

"Jean Douglas," I said.

Colby looked at the camera. "Jean Douglas died right here from what they say was heartbreak because the man she loved didn't recognize her as he came up that driveway," he said pointing out the window.

"Let's go and explore the rest of this place. We can come back later," I said, walking away.

······························

The five of us were currently sitting around a table, doing a seance. So far, we had gotten many responses, and Corey had been using the dowsing rods.

I could feel the energy in the room with us, and it had started to become a little to much for me, but because it was a seance, I couldn't leave.

I was playing with the black crystal pendant I had on my necklace, as this was something I did when I get overwhelmed.

Colby noticed, and put his hand on my leg. "You good?" He asked. I nodded, then went back to paying attention to what Corey was asking what ever was here.

"Dude, it's saying yes to everything. What the hell?" Said Corey.

"It's like its taunting us. Like a....." Said Sam.

"Demon," Jake finished. As soon as he said that, the EMF went crazy, and we all jumped. It hadn't gone off in a few minutes.

Suddenly, the room was filled with a very strong negative force.

"What the shit! That went off right as you said 'demon'!" Said Sam.

The negative force got bigger.

Sometimes being a medium sucked. This was one if those times.

I could sense it, and it was bad enough on me to make me want to double over just because the force was that strong.

"St-stop saying that word," I stuttered.

"Kate are you-" I cut Colby off. "Don't say that word. Don't talk about it. It's feeding off of our energy, our fear. We need to stop the seance and go back to the house before it decides it likes one of us a little to much."

Sam got up and turned the lights, back on, and Corey and Jake blew the candles out.

This thing was getting stronger by the minute, making it worse on me. It was like it was feeding off of my energy the most.

I started to feel tired and weak, and when I tried to stand up, I stumbled. Colby caught me.

"Kate!" Sam yelled, clearly worried.

I clung to Colby, feeling exhausted. I looked up at him. "Help..me...out," I said.

Sam hand a camera to Corey, and the came over to Colby and I. "Here," he said as he slung one of my arms around his shoulder, and Colby did the same with my other arm, then wrapped his arm tightly around my waist.

I stumbled over my own feet even though Sam and Colby were helping.

"Screw this shit," said Colby. He bent down and put his other arm behind my knees, then scooped me up.

"Got her?" Sam asked as Colby made sure I wasn't going anywhere.

"Yeah. I just need you to get doors," Colby said.

"I can walk," I said just loud enough for the two to hear.

"Uh-huh. Let's just get you back," said Sam.

"Wow, I never thought of that," I said. My eyes we closed, and my head was against Colby's chest.

Jake chuckled, and Corey said, "Well, we don't have to worry about her to much if she's still being sarcastic."

We got back to the little house beside the castle, and Colby gently put me down on the couch. I was already feeling a bit better, but I was still exhausted.

With Sam's help, I managed to sit upright, and Jake brought me a bottle of water.

"Thanks," I said as I opened it and took a sip. I sighed. "Shit. That's never been that bad before. It was like it was pushing me down and sucking all the energy right out of me. I'm sure you guys felt something if it was that bad for me."

"Hell yeah, I felt something. That was scary as shit," said Corey.

Colby looked at me, a serious look on his face. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"And don't you dare lie to us," said Sam, giving me the 'I'm your big brother so I have to keep you safe' look.

"I'm already feeling better, but I just need to recharge right now. I'm gonna go to bed. Oh, and there is no way in hell I'm going back in there. Sorry boys, but no help retreiving stuff this time."

I tried to stand up, but Colby scooped me up again before I fully could. "Really?" I asked, looking at him.

"Yep," he said, popping the 'p'.

"Night," I said to the other boys as Colby carried me to our room. He put me down on the bed, and I got my phone out of my pocket and sat it on the nightstand. He plugged it in as I took off my rings and silver bracelet.

Colby sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tight.

"You, need to go to sleep. I'm going to got talk to the boys and help Sam review some of the footage. If you need anything, just yell or text me. Now, goodnight babe. Get some sleep," he said before kissing my forehead.

He walked out as I got under the covers, shutting the door behind him.

I pretty much fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

But little did I know, that for the boys, the night had just begun.