-twenty-three-

"Let's go back over to the common area. This is gonna take a few minutes," I said, grabbing Colby's hand as the five of us went back to the chairs we were sitting in just minutes ago.

I sat down in between Sam and Colby. Colby squeezed my hand, and Sam gave me a look of reassurance.

I looked back over to Corey and Jake, who where sitting on a couch across from us.

I sighed. "So. Let's start with this. When my mom told my dad she was pregnant, he ran off, wanting nothing to with my mom, or in the future, me. So he has always been out of the picture."

"The first five and-a-half years of my life were great. I would go to school, then mom would pick me up at the end of the day. We'd spend time either painting or playing outside. But then she got diagnosed with terminal brain cancer."

"Almost two years later, a woman from Child Protective Services lead me into my mom's hospital room. I remember her being hooked up to all these machines, struggling to breathe. I was there to say goodbye."

"Between chemo and the surgeries she had gone through, she had no hair. One of my strongest memories of her is me lying in the hospital bed, hugging her as tight as I could. We said our good byes, and as I was lead down the hallway by the woman from CPS, I heard the monitor go off in her room."

"For about a year or two after that, whenever I'd be lying in bed in whatever foster home I was in, I would see a shadow of her for a millisecond. I knew it was her. I can't ever forget her form. Then I stopped seeing her, up until now."

Corey and Jake looked shocked. They knew that my mom had died, but not how.

"Oh...." Said Jake.

"But why would you see her now?' Asked Corey.

I shrugged.

We all sat there in silence for a few seconds, a light sorrow hanging in the air.

I cleared my throat. "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I want to see some of London before we start everything later tonight."

"Then let's fricken go," said Sam.

·····································

When we got back, Sam and Colby decided to give a little history on the place. They set the camera up, and started to film.

They explained some of the reasons why the Langham is so haunted, but we all kept hearing weird chirping noises.

Then went upstairs to see room 333, which was the most haunted room at the hotel.

I walked in last, and immediately felt an different type of energy in the room.

I must have made a face, because Jake looked at me and said, "Yo. Is your spidey-sense going off?" Colby turned the camera towards me as I flipped Jake off.

"I guess that's a yes," said Corey, laughing.

After we looked around the room, we went and explored the rest of the hotel.

When we got back, Sam got out the stuff that he had bought for paranormal things like this.

"So we've got a grid thing, dowsing rods, and an EMF," I said for clarification.

"Yeah. The cool thing about dowsing rods is that they can lead you to anything," said Corey.

Colby grabbed them and said, "Then where's my girlfriend?" The rods pointed to Corey and Sam, who were in either side of him. I was sitting against the headboard behind all of them.