-twenty-six-

I woke up to Colby and Jake talking frantically at each other.

"What the hell are we supposed to do?! They aren't answering their phones, and I don't want to leave Kate here alone, and you shouldn't go out there alone either," said Colby.

"Bro, we have to do something," said Jake.

I stood up and walked out of the room Colby and I were sharing, and stretched as I walked down the hallway.

"Colby?" I asked, yawning. "What's wrong? Where are Sam and Corey?"

They must have not heard me walk down the hallway, because both their heads snapped over to where I was standing.

"Come here baby," Colby said, gesturing to the empty spot next to him. I walked over and sat down, then immediately snuggled into him.

He looked down at me, worried. "Sam and Corey went out to try something with the dowsing rods over an hour ago, and they haven't come back yet. We've both tried calling their phones dozens of times, and we even went outside and yelled for them. They haven't responded at all."

My eyes widened. Then I quickly got up, and went back into the bedroom. Colby walked in as I was putting my shoes on.

"What do you think your doing?" He asked.

I looked at him as I finished tying one of the shoes. "Putting my shoes on so I can go out there and look for them?"

"Like hell you are," he said, a serious look on his face.

I froze. "Excuse me?!" I said, getting slightly angry.

"After what happened to you in the castle? There's no damn way I'm letting you go out there with us," said Colby, anger laced in his voice.

I stood up, meeting his eyes with mine. "Who said shit about you 'letting' me do anything?! I don't have to get your permission to do what I want. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself!" I said, my voice raising.

"You mean like you did in there?! When it was clearly to much for you and you didn't do a damn thing about it?!" He had started to raise his voice too.

I laughed, pissed off. "Oh, I'm sorry. Forgive me for not leaving a seance that I was helping with for your channel!"

"No on said you had to do it!" Colby yelled.

"You're right. Just like no one said I had to come on this damn trip with you guys in the first place. Now, I'm going outside to look for my brother, who is also your best friend, and Corey. Whether you like it or not," I slightly yelled as I threw on a jacket and put on my beanie.

Colby looked at me, pissed as hell, and said "You are not going out there!"

I laughed again and grabbed my phone and a flashlight. I turned back around to see his face inches from mine.

"Watch me," I said before storming out of the room.

Jake looked at me, confused on what to do.

I walked out of the house and slammed the door. I turned on the flashlight and started down the driveway.

When I got next to the small field, I heard two sets of footsteps thundering behind me. "Kate, wait up!" Said Jake.
When he and Colby caught up with me, I saw that they had the other camera and were filmimg.

Just great, I thought to myself. Now I have to act like everything is perfectly fine between Colby and I on top of staying calm about the fact that we don't have the slightest idea of where Sam and Corey are.