-nineteen-

Colby PoV

I woke up and saw Kate asleep in front of me. I smiled. Her hair was messy and all over the place. And I loved it. She was beautiful, even like this.

I lightly kissed her head and quietly got out of the bed, trying not to wake her up.

I grabbed my phone, and left the room, slowly shutting the door behind me. I went in the kitchen and opened the fridge. I got out the eggs, then got frozen waffles out of the freezer.

I got to work on making breakfast, still trying to be as quiet as possible. At some point, I started humming a song.

I got out two plates, and set them on the counter.

I went back to cooking, still humming. Then a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

"Mornin'. Watcha humming?" Asked Kate.

"Just some song. Want breakfast?"

Kate let go of me, and I put some eggs on each plate, then a waffle on each.

I looked at her and smiled.

"What?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing. Just thinking about how beautiful you are."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed two forks out of the drawer.

"Colby, my hair is a crazy mess, and I'm wearing old pajama shorts and a tank top."

I shrugged. "And? You're still beautiful."

Kate smiled, a light blush showing up on her cheeks. "Just eat," she said, handing me a fork.

When we finished eating, she rinsed of the plates and put them in the dishwasher.

"So," I said. "What are we gonna do today?"

"Well, for starters, you still need to film a vlog for this week. And I need to download a game of Steam and start playing it for my channel," said Kate.

"But I wanna stay here," I said, fake pouting.

Kate rolled her eyes, then they lit up. "You know, we could kill to birds with one stone here. We could both get our videos filmed. I have one of my favorite games downloaded, and I never fully finished it the last time I decided to replay it. You could play a chapter for your channel with me there to help, and then I could play one with you watching."

I smiled. "What's in it for me?" I asked.

"You get a video filmed for the week, and you get to spend the rest of the day with me."

"The later is more important if you ask me," I said, smirking.

"Whatever, Hallmark," said Kate.

"Hallmark?" I said, confused.

She shrugged. "You can be cheesy like a Hallmark movie sometimes. But don't worry, I love that you are."

"Oh. Well, I'm going to go back to the Traphouse for about 30 minutes so I can shower and change. Oh, and my camera," I said as I started walking towards Kate's room to put my shirt and shoes on.

"We can just use my camera. It's already on the tripod and hooked up to everything. Just bring your laptop so you can get your footage," Kate said, leaning agains the frame of the door.

"Okay. I'll be back soon. Bye," I said before giving her a quick peck on the lips.

Kate PoV

"Bye," I said as Colby walked out the door.

I grabbed some clothes out of my closet and went and took a quick shower.

I changed into my clothes, which were black leggings and one of my merch shirts. The t-shirt was lavender with "go forth" in black letters down the right side.

I dried my hair and put it into two french braids.

I went in my studio and made sure everything was working for Colby and I to film. I started up the game, and got another chair for Colby.

I was setting up another pair of headphones when Colby walked into my apartment.

"You ready?" I asked, walking up to him.

"Hold on. I've got one thing I need to do," he said.

Before could ask what it was, he kissed me.

He put his hands on my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We both pulled away for air, and I put my forehead against his, smiling and looking into his eyes.

"Are you ready now?" I asked.

"Yes," Colby said, smiling.

I grabbed his hand and lead him into the studio.

"Alright. You'll wanna sit here for your video. Also, wear these," I said handing one of the pairs of head phones I had layed out. I took the other pair and put them around my neck, then turned on the camera.

"What's up guys, its Colby Brock, and welcome back to my channel. Today, I'm here with my girlfriend Kate, and I'm actually at her house about to play some video game. What exactly am I playing?" Asked Colby.

"Well, for those of you who also watch my videos, you know that Layers of Fear is one of my favorite horror games out there, and I figured, why not get Colby in on some spooks?"

Colby looked at me. "Wait, you didn't tell me I was gonna be playing a horror game."

I laughed. "Oh please. You've explored haunted places and done overnights in them too. You'll be fine."

I looked back at the camera. "Now, that being said, he's also playing the fourth chapter, which in my opinion is the scariest. We'll be playing chapter five on my channel because I want him to see what has to be the weirdest chapter of the game."

Colby smiled like he was scared. "Great. Let's get this over with."

I opened up the game and put my headphones on. I showed him the controls and let him start playing.

He jumped at every jumpscare, and I laughed each time.

He finished the chapter and got the item, then did his outro. I stopped the recording and started a new one.

"Wellllllcome back everyone to my channel. As usual, I hope your day is going well, and if it's not here's an air hug. As you can see, I have my boyfriend, the wonderful Colby Brock with me here, and I am going to be playing chapter five of Layers of Fear. Colby just played chapter four on his channel, so go check that out. Now, let's get into this."

Again, Colby jumped at every jumpscare.

I finished the chapter and did my outro then turned off the camera.

"Well, that was terrifying. And since you didn't tell me that it was going to be a scary game, I'm going to have to get you back," he said.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Colby chuckled and smirked. "That, you don't get to know. I'm also not going to tell you when I'm going to do it."

I shrugged. "Wow. I'm terrified. You have fun plotting your revenge. But I'm hungry, so let's go get some food."