-thirty-

It was late afternoon, and I was sitting on Colby's lap, the two of us just chilling on the balcony.

I looled up at him. "So, are you going to tell me where we're going for dinner tonight?" It was about the 50th time I had asked this.

Colby looked down at me, smirking.

"Nope. Speaking of, you should go get ready. We'll have to leave soon."

Yesterday, Colby had told me that I couldn't do anything tonight because he had plans for us. I didn't complain. It's been a while since we've been on a date.

"Nooo," I said snuggling into him. "You're comfy and I don't wanna get up."

"Well, I guess you'll just have to get ready in five minutes and be unhappy with how you look," Colby said laughing.

"Touchè," I said as I got up and walked back into our room. I went to my closet and grabbed some clothes.

I went and took a quick shower, then changed into my clothes.

I was wearing a light-blue colored pair Jean capris with a white floral shirt. The shirt was a crop top, and was cut so that my shoulders were exposed, revealing my tan skin.

I went over to my vanity, and started to brush my hair before I put it in a French braid.When I was done, the braid ended at the small of my back.

After that, I applied some make-up, trying to remember how to do the natural glow Kat had showed me. I snapped a picture, and posted it.

Liked by samgolbach, colbybrock, and 658,923 others

kategolbach- just a little look for date night with colbybrock. Also, thx Kat for this awesome look
katrinastuart- yw, girl❤
colbybrock- your freckles are so damn cute

I slipped on my shoes, which were a black pair of open-toed heels. Colby had started to get ready when I started my hair, so he was good to go by now.

"I'm ready," I yelled.

"Jesus. You don't have to yell," Colby said, smiling as he walked in from the balcony.

I saw his eyes look me up and down, taking everything in.

"You don't look to bad either," I said, laughing a little as he blushed.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm kidding, Colbean. Well. You do actually look hot, but you always do. Also, that's not the first time you've looked at me like that, and we both know it sure as hell ain't the last."

He smiled at me, chuckling. "You're right."

Colby then moved my arms and grabbed one of my hands, pulling me out the door.

"C'mon. We need to get going," he said, looking back with the biggest smile on his face.

He lead me to his car, and we got in and drove to the restaurant.

Colby and I walked up to the hostess, and he said, "I have a reservation for two under Brock, please."

The hostess checked the computer, then grabbed two menus and lead us to our seats.

The restaraunt was very nice, and the lighting was dim. Candles were lit at every table, giving the place a warm and comforting glow.

Colby and I sat down at our table and started to look at the menus.

The waitress came and asked us what we wanted to drink, and Colby looked at me smiling.

"We'll take two glasses of red wine, please," he said.

I looked at him, surprised. "You? Red wine? Are you feeling okay?" I asked jokingly.

Colby shrugged. "What? I like it every now and then, and I know you do too. Plus, it's not like they have White Claws here."

We both quietly laughed.

When the waitress came back with our drinks, we ordered our food.

We talked until our food came, and then we ate. After we payed and left, Colby drove to the beach.

Nobody else was there since it was dark out. We took off pur shoes and walked along the shore, hand in hand.

"Hey Colbean?" I said, breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for tonight. It was better than perfect."

I looked over to Colby to see him smiling.

"Well, the perfect girl deserves a better-than-perfect date. Especially when we haven't had one in a while," he said.

I blushed.

Colby cleared his throat, looking at little nervous.

"Kate," he finally said. "I want to be with you forever. I want to marry you at some point, to have kids with you, hell, I want to grow old with you. If we weren't so young, I'd marry you right now. And I'm not even worried to say that. Because I know you feel the same way. Because that's how well we've grown to know each other."

I smiled at him. "Colby, I want all of that too. And you're right, we're a little young to get married. You've made me a better person, and continue to do so. So of course I want all that."

Colby smiled and leaned down to kiss me.
It was sweet and filled with love.

When we pulled apart, I rested my head on his chest, and he put his chin on my head.

We stood there for a few more minutes, just embracing each other and listening to the waves.

Then Colby grabbed my hand, and wr walked back to the car and drove home.

Sorry that it's been a while. Writers block is a bitch. Also, I'm writing another book called 'the u in euphoric'. Go check it out!
-Bramble