-thirty-nine-

Kate PoV

I was sitting on the balcony, bathing in the L.A. sunshine and playing my guitar.

Devyn, Cassie, and Xepher had dropped me off earlier, and Colby had been playing video games with Jake.

I jumped a little as I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me, only to calm down as soon as I recognized them as Colby's.

"Hey babe?" he said, kissing my cheek.

"Yes?" I asked back, turning to face him.

"You need to get ready," he said, smiling.

"Ready for what, Colbean?" I asked, confused.

"I may or may not have a surprise date planned for you," he said. "Don't worry, you don't need to dress up. You can were something completely casual."

"Okay. When do we leave?"

Colby checked the time on his phone. "In about an hour."

I got up, and gave him a quick kiss.

"Okay. Ima hop in the shower," I said as I put my guitar back in its stand.

I took a quick shower, then dried my hair, putting it in a simple updo.

I changed into a pair of black jeans, a baby blue crop top tee that had black roses embroidered around the cuffs of the arms and the waist.

I did a quick layer of make-up, then put on all my rings, a chain necklace, and then I changed all of my ear piercings to silver.

Finally, I slipped on pair of black platform shoes that had shiny stars on them, which Xepher had helped me pick out.

When I walked down to the kitchen, Colby was there waiting for me, Sora standing at his feet.

I bent down and pet her. "Be good for Corey and Sam. And be nice to Sugar if Tara brings him with her, okay Sora?"

At the sound of footsteps in the living room, Sora sped off.

"Ready?" Asked Colby, offering me his hand.

"Yep," I said popping the "p".

We got in his car, and started heading towards god knows where.

On thr way, Colby and I just talked about random things, and we even sang along with the radio a few times.

At one point, he parked the car next to a small Soda Shop & Diner.

I smiled.

I really liked vintage themed things, be it from the 20's, 80's, or anywhere in between. And Colby knew it.

We walked in, and a waitress in a 30's themed outfit lead us to our booth, amd we ordered out drinks.

"Hey Colbean?" I asked.

"Yeah, babe?"

"You know what we have to do since were at a place like this, right?"

Colby shook his head, an adorable look of confusion on his face.

"We're gonna have to share a milkshake for dessert."

He smiled.

"Of course."

I laughed a little.

The waitress came over and we ordered our food.

We sat and talked while we waited, Colby holding my hand in his on top of the table.

Our food came and we ate, then afterwards we ordered our milkshake, and I made sure Colby got a picture while we drank it.

Liked by colbybrock, tarayummy, devynlundy, and 657,822 others

Kategolbach 💜I love him💜

Colbybrock 🖤

After that, Colby quickly paid, then we left the small restaurant.

As I started to head for his car, he grabbed my hand and started leading me away.

"Where are going?" I asked.

"It's another surprise."