-twenty-two-

I was lightly shaken awake by Colby, who I was leaning against.

"We're gonna land in 15 minutes," he said, looking down at me.

"Did I move in my sleep or did you move me?" I asked as I unplugged my earbuds and shoved them into the pocket of my jeans.

He smiled. "A bit of both. You moved and it looked very uncomfortable, so I moved you back to how you started, but about a minute after I did that you leaned against me."

I smiled back. "Well, in my defense, you are a good pillow."

Sam chuckled. "You do realize you just slept for like, 9 straight hours?"

I looked at my watch. "Damn, I did. But at least I wasn't bored. Also, I'm definitely going to need some food when we land. And caffeine Lots of both."

Jake leaned into my view from his row. He raised his hand and said, "I second that whole food and caffeine thing."

Corey laughed. "I think we all do," he said.

···································

Once the plane landed, we got off and went to on of the little stores they had and grabbed some food. I ended up getting some Sun Chips and a sprite.

We headed down to baggage claim and got out bags, then we headed over to the rental car service and Sam signed off on it.

Then he got his camera out of his backpack and started filming.

We walked out to the car, and it turns out Sam had forgoten that he had to drive on the other side of the car and road.

I looked at Colby, who was holding the camera and said, "We're all gonna die. He's gonna kill us."

"I heard that," Sam said as he was getting in the car.

I laughed.

Sam backed out and Jake pretended that he ran over his foot, which momentarily freaked Sam out.

We put all our stuff in the trunk then got in the car. Colby was in the passenger seat, and I was sitting in between Jake and Corey in the back.

Corey looked at Sam, dead serious. "Sam, why'd you steal the steering wheel from Colby?"

I smiled. "Dude, that's not cool," said Jake.

"Brother, give it back," said Colby.

We all laughed, and then I grabbed my earrbuds out of my pocket and plugged them into my phone.

I looked out the window on Corey's side, watching the world go by and thinking about how tonight was gonna go.

Eventually, Corey and Jake fell asleep, amd when Colby turned the camera around to face us, I mouthed 'help me' and pointed to the boys on eaither side of me.

Colby laughed and turned the camera back towards his window.

We drove for a little bit, and when we got to the hotel, we gave the luggage to one of the workers, and another one took the car to go park it.

Colby laced his fingers through mine as we walked through the door and up to the check in counter.

"Name?" Asked the man standing there.

"Golbach," said Sam. "It should be 3 rooms, and I don't know if it worked out, but I requested for one of them to be room 333?"

The man checked the computer, then nodded. "Yes, and your request was fulfilled."