Avoiding

A/n: Thank you so much for 2k reads.

*Seth's POV*

"Dean, Seth, come get dinner." Mom shouts.

I wipe my eyes furiously, ensuring I seem like I wasn't crying and go downstairs. I take my seat at the side, while my parents occupy the head seats.

"Where's Dean?" Mom asks and I shrug, staring at the ground.

"I'll go get him." Dad says.

"So Sethie, how were things while we were away? Did you spend time with Roman? Are you excited to go to school tomorrow?" She asks.

"Roman and I br-, aren't friends anymore, but we did spend time and I got to see his true colors. I'm never excited for school Mom." I say, pricking my Brussels.

"I'm sure you and Roman can fix your friendship, from what I've seen, he's a good kid." I say.

"Alright, mom." I say, as Dad returns to his seat.

"Dean says he's sick and isn't hungry." Dad says.

"Okay, we will go ahead without him." Mom says.

"How about I take up the food to him and force him to eat." I say.

"That's nice, Seth, but he told me to ensure you don't do that." Dad says and I internally groan.

Of course he thought about that. He knows me too well. I eat my food slowly, thinking about how I can make it up to Dean this time. Maybe I should just give him his space for real.

"Goodnight, guys." I say, hurrying to my room.

"You barely touched your food." Mom shouts, as I close the door to my room.

I lay on my bed and begin crying. I trusted Roman, gave him so much and he betrayed me and I have to see him tomorrow. I released my frustration on Dean, when he was just being concerned. I didn't want to hurt him how I did.

"I love you, Deanie." I whisper, falling asleep in my pillow.

*Dean's POV*

I stare at my ceiling, tears spilling from the corners of my eyes. Seth never wants to listen to my explanations. He simply makes assumptions and believes them to be facts. If he doesn't want to be with me, he can just tell me. I hear a knock at the door and ignore it.

"Dean, it's Dad." Dad calls from behind the door.

"Hold on." I say, dragging my body to the door.

"Your mother is calling you for dinner." He says.

"I'm feeling sick and I'm not hungry, Dad." I say.

"Is everything okay, son?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes, Dad, and if Seth offers to do anything, don't allow him." I say and dad watches me in confusion, before nodding.

"Are y'all fighting again?" He asks.

"No, Dad, ensure he eats, please." I say, returning to my bed.

"Okay, Dean." He says, shutting the door.

"I wish you could trust me, Seth McMahon." I say, falling asleep.

****
"Get up for school, Dean!" Mom shouts and I rush into the shower.

I've been sitting on my bed awake for the past hour, Seth's words still on my mind. I dress into a blue jeans and red tee before going downstairs.

"Morning everyone." I say, forcing a smile.

"You both look terrible." Dad says.

"Hunter!" Mom scolds him, smacking his shoulder.

"Thanks Dad." Seth says, gripping his backpack string.

"Drink some tea before you boys leave." Mom says.

I down my cup quickly, while Seth sips his. I go into the car to wait for him. After a few minutes, he saunters into the backseat. I sigh loudly because he usually sits in the passenger side.

We get to school and immediately go our separate ways. I decide to discreetly follow him today, in case anybody tries to attack him, since he's so fragile. Ali, one of the new jocks that has a crush on me, approaches me.

"Hey, Dean." He says.

"Hi, wassup?" I ask, scanning the hallway for Seth.

I notice him standing at his locker, gathering his books.

"I'm good, I missed you so much. How was your break?" Ali asks and I glance at him, pieces of our escapades clouding my mind.

"It was good and what we had is over now. I need to get to class." I say.

I proceed to my locker and Randy approaches me. I hide my head behind the door, but I still see him walking over.

"Dean, can we please talk?" He asks and I nod.

I follow him into the old staff room, hoping Seth didn't see. He fidgets nervously and I place a comforting hand on his shoulder. I hate him for what he did, but he was my best friend.

"I'm sorry about what I did. It will never happen again, please forgive me." He says.

"Randy, I can forgive you, but I won't forget. We can't be friends." I say, and turn to leave the classroom.

"You're just going to give up on everything we had." He says.

"Yes, because you hurt someone who means the world to me." I say, exiting the room.

I catch Seth's eye as he walks past and it diverts to behind me as Randy exits the room. Seth's expression changes quickly and he scurries to his class.

"Fuck." I mutter under my breath.

I walk to my first class and take a seat furthest from everyone. The lecture begins and it's the furthest thing from my mind. I needed to fix Seth and I's relationship, before it is too late.