Chapter Five

V
• • •

I took the knife out of the kitchen and walked up to my room.

"Crystal, dinner is ready soon," my mother told me as we passed in the hall. I didn't respond and shut myself in my room.

Suddenly, time flashed forward. I looked up to the door to see my horrified mother.

"CRYSTAL!!!" She began shrieking over and over. I looked down at my hands, which were covered in blood.

On the floor right under me was my dad's dead body, his blood pooling around me. His lifeless eyes were peering up into mine.

I scrambled backwards and fell, trying to get away from what I had done. My door slammed shut, leaving me alone with my dad's body.

His blood began to fill the room, and before I knew it I was waste-deep in my father's blood. I waded as fast as I could to the door, but it wouldn't budge. I then tried the window, but it didn't open.

The last thing I saw before I was completely submerged in blood was my brother standing outside my window looking in. I held my breath punched the ceiling, trying to find a way to get out of the room before I drowned.

I screamed as I felt myself growing desperate for air. I pounded on the ceiling and accidentally sucked in the thick, red liquid.. feeling it painfully seeping into my lungs and clogging up my heart.—

I shot up in my bed with an aggressive jolt. I immediately started gasping for air, clinging onto my blankets. I let out a few cries as I still felt that burning sensation in my lungs.

I sat up and brought my hands up to my face, horrified at the intense nightmare I had just experienced. That was one of the worst ones I had had in god-knows how long..

Ali wasn't in her bed when I looked over, thank god. I at least wanted to get through some of the year without having to tell her about how messed up I was.

After a while of going insane and questioning reality, I finally calmed myself down and began to feel the pounding in my bed. I looked around me, and realized I was on the floor.

Did I fall asleep on the floor? I couldn't remember much of last night after everything that happened at the café. I slowly stood up, sighing and rubbing my eyes. I opened up the shades all the way and winced at the bright sunlight that attacked my eyes.

Opening our mini fridge, I grabbed a bottle of water and chugged it, needing hydration. I swallowed a few Advils before using the bathroom, showering, and plopping back down on my bed with another bottle of water.

I had opened the windows, and the fresh air was pretty refreshing. The breeze would occasionally make its way over to me as I sat on my bed, miserably wearing sunglasses.

I grabbed the box of saltines off of my desk and opened them, practically shoving the saltines into my mouth. I was starving, but also nauseous. Jee, you would think that with people knowing how shitty it felt to be hungover, no one would ever want to drink at all.

After a little while, I decided it was time to get up and do something. I refused to let my past make me feel like shit every day. I sat down at my desk and started doing some work next to the window with my coffee.

* * *

"Sunglasses inside.. quite the look," Ali said and chuckled as she walked into the room and plopped down on her bed.

"Thanks, I'm really going for that 'Men-in-Black' look nowadays," I replied, closing my laptop and stretching. I stood up and pushed in my chair. "How was seeing your friends?"