Chapter Thirty-Nine

XXXIX
• • •

Ashton's POV***

"Don't look at me like that," I said after a little while when I saw Eli looking at me. He gave me an incredulous look.

"Like what? I just looked at you."

"Exactly," I muttered.

It was silent for another solid few minutes, neither of us looking at each other.. well, he could have been looking at me which, knowing the annoying prick that he was, he probably had been. I wasn't looking at him though, so I wouldn't know.

"This is fucking ridiculous," I mumbled and shook my head, mentally cursing at Crystal for setting me up like this. She knew how much power she had over me.. I'd get her back for this, though. Just you wait. Eli finally took a breath as if to say something, but I spoke before he began.

"I don't want to talk to you," I said flatly.

"Well, that's good then because I don't want to talk to you, either," he replied stubbornly.

"Good then, glad we can agree on one thing," I shot him a sarcastic smile.

"Good."

"Cool."

"Great."

"Fantastic."

It was silent again for another few minutes.

"Did you know about this?"

"I'm tied to a fucking chair in my own goddamn room, Eli. No fucking shit I didn't know," I cut him off, and he raised his eyebrows at my aggression, rolling his eyes.

"You need to calm down," he said, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I am calm."

"No you're not."

I made sure all of my features remained lethally calm- my typical scowl.

"Damnit... I have an itch," he commented and squirmed a little in his seat trying to lift his hand up to scratch his face, which he failed miserably at.

"I'm so very sorry," I replied, uninterested and clearly not sorry.

"This is your fault, by the way," he told me, and I scoffed.

"You're the one that got us into this mess in the first place," I countered.

"How the hell does that work in your mind?"

"You slept with my little sister you dipshit. I don't remember sleeping with yours."

"I don't have a sister, 'you dipshit'." He quoted me back to myself.

"Well then how's your mom doing?"

"Realll mature, dude," Eli rolled his eyes again.

"And screwing around with a minor? That's not very mature either, I'd say," I countered, not caring enough to have a filter. He cringed slightly.