Chapter 2: Wrong place, wrong time

Eleanor

"Open the door bitch, it's me".

I groaned in annoyance and paused the TV before picking myself up off the sofa and dragging my feet to the intercom system.

"I'm letting you in, only because it's cold outside and I don't want the man who makes my delicious coffee to die of hypothermia".

I could hear him curse under his breath as I pressed the door button to let him in. Pressing my ear against the door, I listened to his heavy footsteps pounded loudly on the marble floor before stopping in front of my closed flat door.

"Let me in chickpea".

"You call me chickpea and I will leave you out there".

"But I brought you pizza".

Sighing in defeat, I pulled the door open and stared at Cal with a face full of annoyance. I wanted to be good, I had resisted all temptation of picking up the phone to order junk food and here the jerk was, holding a large box of freshly baked pizza. How could I now resist.

"I knew you wouldn't resist" he winked before letting himself in and making himself at home.

Kicking his shoes off, I watched as he disappeared around the corner into the lounge and could hear him switch the TV on.

Slamming the front door shut, I followed the scent of the greasy goodness and slumped myself down on the sofa next to Cal who was already tucking into the pizza.

"Hey! First you practically barge into my home and then make a start on the pizza you brought for me. Who do you think you are?".

Cal turned to face me with his eyes widened and a mouth full of pepperoni pizza.

"I'm Cal, nice to meet you".

"Shut it smart ass".

Sitting myself down next to him, he picked up the large box and offered me a slice with puppy eyes attempting to look sorry.

"So what brings you here at 10:15pm? I could have been asleep for all you know".

"As if. You're like a nocturnal animal. Besides, if you were asleep I swear you'd probably wake up as soon as you could smell the pizza".

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat the delicious piece of pizza.

"How was it after I left this morning? Those guys were absolute pricks. I should have poured that coffee over that bastard, but yet again, that would be a waste of some good coffee".

Cal chuckled whilst reaching into his bag and pulled out 2 cans of Diet Coke.

"You definitely left an impact. They didn't bother me, but they were moaning and groaning about you being some stuck up bitch. Although one of the men couldn't stop staring at the direction you left. It was creepy".

Typical. All these so called tough men act like they got the game, but when they get a taste of their own medicine, they turn into whiny little bitches.

"How you managed to serve them still surprises me".

Cal shook his head with a smile on his face.

"I was tempted to spit in their drinks, but I prayed to Jesus to give me strength. And the Lord answered".

We both laughed loudly and carried on indulging in the pizza as we watched Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmare.

I loved spending time with Cal. He could light up the room with one of his crappy jokes and he could brighten anyone's day with just a smile.