Chapter 11: The Mission

Oscar

Standing outside the hospital ward she was staying in, I checked my phone to see if anything new had come up whilst waiting for the little firecracker to get changed.

I had only been in the room with her for 5 minutes and she was already pushing me to my limit.

Never had I met a more irritating girl. But there was something exciting about her. Something that made me want to keep her around. I guess a small part of me loved how defiant she was. It made me want to tame the little beast that she is and turn her into my little submissive.

"Daddy?".

She always turns up at the worst times.

"Yes baby?" I slipped my phone back into my pocket before crouching down and giving her my full attention.

"Me and Isla are making pizzas later and I was wondering if you, me and Elle could have a pizza party later, you know, like we always do".

Trust her plans to include Eleanor. She seemingly had formed an unbreakable friendship with her and that made me uneasy. Cupping Sofia's hands in mine, I took a deep breath and stared at my daughter with a sad smile.

"No baby. Those are our special nights. Our daddy daughter nights. Besides, Eleanor is not family and won't be staying much longer".

Sofia pulled her hands out of my much larger ones and frowned at me.

"How could you say something so unkind".

Children.

"What did I say?".

"You said that Eleanor is not family. You told me everyone living here is family, so why is she not. Nevermind, I don't want to eat pizza with a meanie" Sofia swatted my hand away and ran down the hallway clearly upset at my bad choice of words.

"Baby! I'm sorry".

There was nothing more I despised in this world than seeing my baby upset. She didn't deserve to be upset, not after everything that had happened.

I went to run after her, but the hospital door opened and Eleanor walked out with her eyes falling between me and the ground as if she had heard the conversation.

Angered by my daughter's crying, I looked her up and down and nodded.

"Let's go".

Eleanor shivered at my tone but nodded all the same.

Time to get this done and get her the hell out of here.

****************

Sofia

"Oreo, why are boys so silly?".

My cat meowed at me hopefully agreeing to what I had said.

Daddy was always busy and seemed stressed especially since Eleanor was around.

"Does he not like her?".

Oreo's body shivered which looked like a no.

"Hmm, does he love her?".

Oreo brushed his head against my leg before walking to his bed.

"Hmm. Maybe he doesn't want her to find out. I've got a plan. You stay here and guard my colouring books".

"Let the mission L.O.V.E begin".

Running over to my drawer, I pulled out some blacks clothes before finishing the look with a pair of black sunglasses.