Chapter 25: Meanie

Oscar

"Here comes the aeroplane. Open up Brian".

I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing at the sight in front of me. We had stopped at Mcdonald's to get some dinner after a very eventful day and recover from the big shopping trip.

Normally it was girlfriends or wives that swiped their man's card, but in my case it was my damn daughter. She didn't want much for herself, but she demanded that I spoiled the men that watched over us, treated myself because I'm apparently the best daddy in the whole universe and that I continued to spoil Eleanor.

From the way she spoke and acted, I could see my 7 year old daughter one day breezing through the world of business. 7 years old and she already knew how to bargain and make people bend to her will.

But she wasn't rude, snobby or mean like a lot of children from rich families tended to be. She was the most selfless, kindest and gentlest of souls. In a world of evil, she was too pure.

"Little miss, it's very kind that you want to share, but they're your chicken nuggets".

Sofia shook her head and dipped the nugget in ketchup before holding it up to Brian's closed mouth.

"But Brian, they're not just any nuggets. They're from my happy meal, they'll make you super happy. Don't you want to be happy?".

Sofia looked over at me and pouted as Brian stared at her conflicted as to what to do.

"What are you waiting for Brian, you heard the lady. You need some happiness in your life" I winked over at him but frowned when he instantly replied with you're one to talk.

"Fine".

I could see Eleanor giggling beside Sofia as she watched Sofia pop a chicken nugget into Brian's opened mouth.

He frowned as he ate the nugget, but before anyone could talk his eyes lit up and his mouth shifted into the biggest smile.

"Woah, they really do have magic powers. I feel super happy. Thank you little miss".

Sofia cheered and snuggled into Eleanor's side before picking at her fries.

Sofia was completely ignoring me as she rambled to Eleanor about the exciting day she had. Sofia was holding onto the photos we had taken earlier and had not put them down at alla.

My eyes flew between Eleanor and Sofia watching the way she talked to my baby and how Sofia clung onto every word that came out of her mouth.

Sofia had always been a happy little girl, but I hadn't seen her this happy for a very long time. I knew exactly what she was thinking and what she was wanting, but she'd never tell me.

"Eleanor?".

Looking up from my phone, my eyes instantly fell on Eleanor who was staring up at a person in shock.

Following Eleanor's eyes, I examined the person and instantly realised who this was.

It was the girl from the CCTV the night someone attempted to kill Eleanor. This was the girl who was laughing, chatting and seemingly having a good time with the man that was sent by someone to get rid of Eleanor.

Gripping the sides of the chair I was sat on, I stared at the girl intensely not wanting to interrogate this so called friend of Eleanor's.

"Oh my God, Elle where have you been? Everyone's been so worried, I've been so worried about you".

I wasn't an expert on reading body language, but there was something off about her. She didn't seem sincere and concerned about her friend that had been missing for some time.