Chapter 7: This is goodbye

Eleanor

"Thank you for the amazing lesson. I won't ever stop dancing".

We had finally finished the lesson after nearly 3 hours. I had suggested we stopped, but Sofia was ruthless and said we could do no such thing. She had so much energy for a 7 year old girl. I wish I had that much energy and that much spark at her age.

"Ok baby girl, I want to see what you've learnt".

Both our eyes flew up to the door and there he stood in a perfectly fitted suit with his sleek black hair gelled back. Goddamn he looked so good, but he'd never hear it from my mouth.

"Yes! Yes! Come sit and watch us".

Sofia rushed over to him and gripped his hand in hers and pulled him over before pushing him down on the expensive leather sofa.

"Right Sofia, the stage is yours".

Walking over to the Ipad, I searched up the music we had used during our lesson and restarted it before turning to Sofia to wait for her signal.

"Ready" she chimed before moving to stand in her starting position.

Pressing play I watched as Sofia moved so delicately like a little bird who was learning to fly. She looked so angelic and her face was lit up in the brightest smile I had ever seen. She was a fast learner and remembered every single move the exact way I had taught her. My eyes suddenly moved to her dad who had his eyes fixated on his daughter looking at her with nothing but love and admiration.

His mouth was slightly agape, but his eyes gleamed with love at his daughter as she spun round perfectly.

As the music came to an end, Sofia moved into her last move before leaning down into a finishing bow.

Her dad stood up and clapped at her before bringing his fingers to his lips and whistled.

"You were absolutely brilliant princess. An absolute star".

I felt my heart swell as he pushed himself off the sofa and crouched down before her and cupped her cheeks lovingly. How is it possible for a man who almost tortured me to be so soft and sweet with his daughter. Anyone with eyes could see how much she meant to him. A part of me understood the first anger he had towards me. He thought I kidnapped his daughter. He had every right to be angry at me, but now he knew the truth I hoped everything would go back to normal.

"Thank you for teaching my daughter that stunning routine".

He was still on the floor in front of Sofia, but his piercing eyes were now focused on mine.

"You're welcome, she's a natural ballerina".

Sofia hugged her dad tightly.

"Did you hear her daddy? I'm a natural".

"That you are baby girl".

"So another lesson tomorrow, right Elle?".

Sofia looked up at me expectantly, but what was I to say. This was a one time thing and it was likely I'd never see her again.

I looked back at her dad with a face full of concern. He stared back at me before nodding subtly.

"Baby, she needs to go back home today. She has to focus on her shows".

Sofia's eyes began to well up and turned back to her dad who instantly panicked seeing her upset face.

"Aww baby, please don't cry".

"B-But I want her to teach m-me".

Her dad wiped her tears away and pulled her close into his body.