Chapter 50: Everything burns

Eleanor^^^

Closing the door behind me, I walked further into Oscar's office and smiled. I had hope. Hope that everything was going to go up from now on. I had reached rock bottom being a captive with Cole. I had put up with the vilest of men, but now I was free. 

I had my family back and the little one I was carrying was safe. But my man was in a coma all because of Cole. I had to be brave and step up to protect my family.

After visiting Cole, Brian left me to go and watch over Sofia and be with her whilst she spent time with her father. 

As much as I wanted to be there with them, I needed some time alone. Time to be the boss and track down my father.

Sitting in Oscar's favourite chair, I ran my hands over the polished surface of his desk and sighed.

No wonder this was his favourite chair. I felt 10 times more powerful, almost like I was ready to conquer everything. I felt unstoppable and I was going to make Cole eat his words. I didn't need his help, I was going to do this on my own.

If only Oscar could see me right now. I hope he'd be proud of me. 

Opening up his laptop, my heart skipped a beat.

The screen lit up revealing his screensaver which was a photo taken by him without me or Sofia knowing. But it was one of the most beautiful pictures captured in the moment. 

Not wanting to get side tracked, I clicked straight on his folders which to my surprise weren't locked or didn't require a password. I hoped to find something that could help me locate my father or someone that had information. 

But as I scrolled through the files, I stopped across one with a familiar name.

Frankie.

"But why?".

Feeling anxious, I clicked on the folder and it opened up to reveal CCTV footage and photos. 

"Oh my God".

Clicking on the photos to enlarge them, I examined the photos carefully wondering what Oscar was getting onto.

And he was certainly onto something. It was CCTV footage from the nightclub when I went out with Cal, Frankie and some of their friends. But my eyes were glued to Frankie. 

In all of the photos Oscar took, she was smiling, hugging, flirting with a man. But not just any man. This was the man who attacked me in my home before Oscar came and intervened. 

I knew she was flirting with someone at the club, but I had no idea it was with him. They looked as if they knew each other.

But as I flicked through the photos, one caught my eye making me feel completely sick to my stomach. I felt like screaming, crying and destroying things in anger. Frankie was smiling at the man whilst handing him some money very discreetly. His eyes were pierced in the direction of Frankie's hand. She paid him to attack me.

Yelling out in frustration, I closed Oscar's laptop and stood up suddenly. I was consumed with rage. Frankie, the girl I grew up with paid someone to try and kill me. 

It all made sense. I've always known she was jealous of me. The subtle nose scrunches and occasional glares when our teacher would praise me. She wanted me out of the picture so she could have the lead. 

My hands started to shake as I began rummaging through Oscar's drawers hoping to find something more conclusive. Did she have any connections to any of Oscar's enemies. 

Pulling out stacks upon stacks of paper, I scanned through them quickly feeling the anger build up inside of me. 

Boy, Oscar had been busy. It was clear as day to see how hard he had been working to track me down.