Chapter 3: Adrenaline

Eleanor

Fear consumed me as my eyes finally opened and my vision cleared revealing where I was. Tied to a chair in the middle of a dark horrible smelling room. I felt my stomach twist with nausea and my head begin to pound violently as reality dawned on me.

Before I could scream out for help, I was awoken with a wave of ice cold water that crashed off my head and poured down my body. Shivers tore through me as the water seeped into my clothes connecting with my skin.

"I see you've awoken" a deep voice resonated from behind me. I went to look, but a tight grip on the back of my neck kept me locked in place.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a tall man dressed in a suit but without his suit jacket. The sleeves of his white shirt were rolled up revealing his tanned muscly arms that I'm sure were going to kill me.

"P-Please, you've got the wrong person".

The man laughed and shook his head before crouching down before me and stared at me intensely with his deep blue eyes.

I failed to notice that he wasn't the only man in the room. In fact there seemed to be around 12 men in the small room, all dressed the same way the main man was.

"Do you know who I am?" he growled out.

I bit my lip harshly desperate to restrain the snide remark that almost slipped out of my mouth. I wanted to show them how confident I am, how tough I can be, but now was not the time. I had to prove my innocence first.

"No" I mumbled out as I kept my eyes locked on his.

The man shifted closer and tilted his head as if he were assessing my every facial feature. His lips quirked up into a smirk and his eyes tightened.

"When you find out, you're going to wish we never met".

I tried to open my mouth and protest, but before I had a chance the man stood up and walked over to a table covered with what seemed to be tools.

"Have you ever had an operation?".

My heart stopped as he picked up a scalpel and walked back to me before holding it up to my face.

"At one stage in my life, I wanted to be a surgeon. But things didn't work out. It's doesn't matter now because I get to practice it on people who dare cross me. So where shall I start? Your eyes? Your fingers?".

I was about to take the biggest risk of my life, but I was getting sick of this prick accusing me of a crime I did not commit. If it wasn't for me, that little girl would end up goodness knows where. Anger was building up inside of me and I could not contain it.

"You listen here, Mr whoever you are. There was a woman, but that was not me. I went to the damn shop and as soon as I saw what was happening I ran over and knocked the bitch over. She tried pulling a gun on me, but I knocked her back and she dropped it. She fled as soon as your voice called out. I'm the innocent one, so before you go threatening me with your creepy surgery shit, check the facts".

All the men stared up at the one that crouched down before me with their eyes wide open and mouths agape as if I'd insulted some main man or something.

"You're very brave doll. And that's a cute little story you got rehearsed there, but I ain't falling for it".

The man threw down the scalpel and stared at me like a predator would with their prey.

"Wow, for a bunch of tough men you're dumb as shit. Fine, if you don't believe me then why don't you check the street CCTV and then you'll realise how very wrong you all are".