|6|

AG POV

"Annagrace, what's this?" Billie asks holding my bottle of dope pills. "Hm?" I act lost and she glares at me.

"Where did you get that?" I ask her.

"I found it in the glove compartment, I put my phone there before we went into the building and now I'm opening it and I saw the bottle on the floor."

"Oh." I say casually.

"Wait, is this dope?" She asks again.

"Hm?" I say truly at a loss for words.

"Don't make me slap you," She glares at me. "Why is there dope in your car? Are you taking them!?" She yells.

"No, I'm not." I lie. "Then why are they in your car?" Billie asks and I know her anger is getting to her.

"Uh, it's probably one of my teammates that I dropped off home a few days ago."

"And why would they have dope, they're are athletes, they'd be smart enough to not take these."

"I understand that, it has to be one of theirs because it isn't mine." I keep up with my same lie. "I'm finding that hard to believe. You've been having mood changes, and complaining about your chest."

"Billie, I've been taking Aleve to deal with the pain. Stop worrying about me."

"I'm pretty sure as your girlfriend, I am allowed to worry, stop lying to me!" She says. "I'm not lying, I seriously don't know whose that is!"

Billie scoffs and throws the bottle at me and gets out of the car. What the hell is this girl doing?

I quickly take the pills and put it in the pocket where Billie can't see. I step out of the car walking over to Billie's side. "Baby." I say.

"What?" She mutters. "I don't know why you're so upset. I told you they weren't mine."

"I'm not upset." She says. "Then why are you standing out here?"

She doesn't say anything and I walk closer to her and I cup her face. "I promise you that those pills aren't mine." I say. I felt completely bad about lying to Billie, but my position on the team was on the line. No one could know.

"Just tell me the truth, are you taking it? You can get help if you want. Just tell me."

"I'm not taking it. I wouldn't want to scare you." I tell her.

She nods and gets on tippy toes to lock our lips and I pull her in by her waist. That's what happens when the 5'3 Billie O'Connell decides to date a 5'11 girl.

"You're so short." I tell her. "Make me taller." She says.

"Hm..., I kinda like you short." I say. "And why is that?"

"Because whenever you claim to be a top, you just look stupid." I tell and she laughs.

"You weren't saying that last night."

My smile drops at the low blow she just did.

"Let's just get in the car, ok princess?" I break away from her and she nods and I open the door for her. I get into the driver's seat and I ask her what she wants to do today.