|34/35|

AG POV

"AG? Wake up, I'm gonna- AG, get up!" I hear a muffled voice around me, eventually lulling me out of my deep sleep. My eyes opened, seeing Billie sitting up on the bed, looking down at me in concern, which immediately confused me.

"Billie?" I ask her. "Are you okay? You were crying in your sleep."

"It was a dream?" I sit up, looking around the room seeing it was dark outside.

"What were you dreaming about?" Billie asked me. "You, us. I thought you were dead- what?" I looked around even more. "Really AG? You thought I was dead?"

"I had a dream, there was a crash, the doctors said they couldn't save you." I rambled all these things quickly at once. "Save me? Hey, I'm not dead, I'm right here, okay?"

"Is this another dream?" Billie raised her hand, and smacked me straight across the face, "Ow!" I groaned, grabbing my cheek in shock.

"Snap out of it, idiot! I'm not dead and you saying that is actually scaring me."

"I'm sorry, I thought it was real, so we never went to Taco Bell?" I shook her head, "Why would we go to Taco Bell? It's three in the morning."

"You're making it sound as if that's not something you would do." Billie rolled her eyes and scooted over to me, running her fingers through my hair. "I'm okay, I'm not dead."

"I'm- I don't know, I have a headache."

"Back in Philly, you said you had to tell me something, but never got the chance to. What was it?" Billie asked me, and I scoff quietly, surprised that she remembered, considering she can't even remember what a grape is.

"Yeah, you reminded me. It's about my brain tumor, uh doctor thinks it might be terminal." I tell her and she just looks at me, "Wha- what does that mean?" She asked me. "I might die from it."

"You're going to die from it- I don't get it, I thought the doctor said you'd be fine, you're supposed to have surgery next month."

"I-" She cuts me off rudely, "No, I don't get it. You were fine, he said the tumor was small and viable for surgery, how the hell did it turn into something terminal?"

"I don't know, Billie. He said it might, we don't know yet. We're waiting for the results. We get them tomorrow."

"Results? You already did the test? What- we- were you ever planning on ever telling me?" Billie asked me, "Yeah, after the results came, I was." I nodded. "You just kept me in the dark about everything."

"Hey, don't start that talk, I just found out a few days ago and I tried to tell you, I did, but Mac came into the room."

"There were so many other chances to tell me and you know that." Billie looked at me, before letting out a loud huff and letting her face fall into her hands. "Talk to me, Billie."

"I heard what you said, back in Philly, in your mom's hotel room." Billie mumbled, "I said a lot of things in my mom's hotel, including talking about the tumor."

"Yeah, I didn't hear that, obviously. But I heard you say that you don't think I forgive you."

I clear my throat, as she chuckles a bit, "And the funny thing about all of it, is that you're not lying, I don't know if I forgive you. I- uh, maybe sometimes I feel stupid. Maybe I'm just your drug abuse as an excuse for your abuse. The truth is I'm scared, and- and I know it sounds so dumb, but it's the truth. I'm worried about everything, that you'll relapse, you'll go back to her old ways, that the brain tumor might be terminal."

"Look, I know I don't deserve to be forgiven. I don't want to force anything on you-"

"You're not forcing anything, that's what you're not understanding. Maybe we're not meant to be together, maybe this whole entire situation was a warning for us. I'm trying to erase this thought, but I can't."

"And what is this thought telling you?" I ask her. "That I'm stupid," She scoffs at me, "That I'm dumb for still being in love with you. That even after all we've been through, I'm still standing by you and I'm not ashamed of it? Because of our history, we shouldn't be together, and maybe it's true."

"This is it, right? You're breaking up with me." I confirm what she's saying, and she faces me with glistening eyes and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me into her. "I'm sorry." is what she whispers into my neck.

"No, it's fine," I said, although I wasn't exactly feeling fine. "It was my fault, I messed up. It's right and it makes sense."

"I don't know whether to call it us parting ways or a break. All I know is that I need to take the proper time away from you, to think if I really want you back and that I'm not making any excuses."

"I understand."

***

"How does it feel to be twenty, AG?" Avery shoved the camera in my face. "I don't know, is it supposed to feel like something?"

"Well duh!" Avery's voice became muffled in my head as a certain feeling took over me, the feeling that occurred whenever Billie was around. It's been two years since she broke up with me, and I haven't seen her since.

Turns out, my tumor was never there. I never had a tumor, it was a false test, which is why the medication wasn't working for me because a tumor never there.

I wouldn't say she ghosted me, we kept frequent conversations but it slowly dwindled down, which is why I am so confused when I'm getting that same feeling, and then I see her.

She's roaming and looking around, the first thing I can say about her is that she's back to turquoise blue hair, and her usual attire of baggy clothes isn't present. She was wearing a tight red top with biker shorts and a pair of red and black jordans.

Soon enough, her eyes land on me, and unexpectedly she smiles. Avery excuses herself as Billie makes her way towards me. "Hey." She says when she approaches me.

"Hi, how have you been?" I turn to face her. "I've been fine, happy birthday."

"Thanks, I'm still sorry about not showing up at your birthday party, I was busy."

"Yeah, hopefully, you'll be at my album release party?" Billie hinted at. "Depends on my schedule, if I have a game or not."

"Yeah, I heard you skipped college and went straight on to being drafted." Billie smiled. "That's true, college seemed like a waste of my time honestly."

"I'm just surprised, you always talked about going to college, especially in our late night talks." Billie muttered and I smiled at her action of bringing that up. "Why'd you bring that up?" I ask her.

"What?" She asked me cluelessly. "You brought up something about our relationship, I thought you wanted to start off new."

"Yeah..," Billie nodded. "The truth is, I miss you."

"You do?"

"I tried the whole dating scene, but no one can make me feel the way you made me feel and I miss that and I miss you."

"Is that why you came here? To tell me you missed me?" I set my drink down. "Would it be a bad thing if that is the reason I came?"

"No, I don't think so," I shake my head, smirking a bit. "I'm just wondering if you're gonna do something about you missing me."

She looks at me with a look asking me if I'm serious. "Wanna go out sometime?" She asks the question.

"Why, I would love to." I laugh. "You're a dork." She nudges me. "Yeah well, you accept it."

"Yeah, I do. You're Accepted."

The End

That was a bittersweet ending, kind of, anyway, bye uglies. Sn, sn, I hope you enjoyed the story, for I had a fun time writing it :)