|12|

AG POV

"You're sleeping with him!?"

"It's not a big deal, okay?"

"Not a big deal. Okay, 'cause my mom opening her legs to some dude, oh yeah and that dude is my coach by the way. How is that not a big deal? Hold on, is this why I'm captain, because you bribed him with your vagina?" I ask.

"Hell no! You've been captain since 14, me and Jason's fling been for a year now."

"A year!? You've been lying to me for a year, so that's why he would show up here at random moments, and that's why you can't tell me about my dad, you already found his replacement."

"You're not going to bring your father into this." Mom says.

"We sure don't need to bring Jason into this, but here we are." Iaugh senselessly.

"This is what he was talking about, you always being mad, maybe you need a break."

"Good, I need a damn break from you." I grab my car keys and I go to my car. "Annagrace! Get your ass back here." Mom is now by the doorway.

I ignore her and drive away from the house and the effects from the dope are getting to me, and my body feels lighter and I feel calm even though I'm pissed.

I go to the loft Mom keeps for business purposes and I grab my plastic black bag and I unlock the door shutting it behind me.

I throw the bag on the couch and a few things fall out and I soon realize I took the wrong bag.

When I found that many drugs on me from the party earlier this week, I hid them under my bed but then put them in a bag and placed it in my car.

I grab the remote off the coffee table and I turn on Netflix, I put on Stranger Things and I sit on the couch running my fingers through my hair.

I don't really know what to think. Like my mom? Screwing my coach? I really don't want to think about that.

I actually don't want to think at all. My hand grazes the heroin bottle as I glance at the needles. My life at this point is so fucked up and tomorrow's going to be a hard day for me.

What if I don't want to be here tomorrow? Can I forget with this needle, this pill, this liquid?

_____________

Billie POV

"Boo." I say when I creep up on AG who was laying in the flower field, her eyes closed, breathing steady.

Hey eyes flutter open and they meet mine. "Hey." She sits up instantly and we both indulge in a quick kiss. "How are you?" I ask her and she says "I'm fine, you're here now."

"You're so cheesy." I tease her and she nudges me a little. "You love it." She mutters.

"I mean, you do have to deal with my dumbass all the time." I add.

"You're just lucky I love you." She says before pulling me on top of her. I squeal as she gets up and spins me around.

She picks a flower and hands it to me. "What's the name of this flower?" I ask.

"It's called the Gladiolus, it means remembrance, strength, and integrity," AG answers. "I gave it to you, so you remember no matter how bad things get, we'll always be there for each other, okay?"

I nod and she connects our lips one last time before we stare into the clouds until they disappear.

I wake up from my dream rubbing my eyes. I yawn getting up and turning on my phone. I see the date and it sinks into me. Today's the day.